The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » College Kids need your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dblatt25
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dblatt25
Myself and three other magician friends of mine are putting on a benefit show for our college in November. Here's the deal ... The Show is going to be in a theater for about 400 people. We need to do about 1 hour. Only one of us has done a show this big with stage illusions. And the other two of us do mostly close-up stuff with cards and coins and silks, etc... SO.. We need a format for the show. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Tricks, routines, music, ANYTHING. This is going to be a Major show and we have a very small amount of time to prepare.

Thanks

David B
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hi there, that's a bit of a tall order. I would have the person who has done the most stage work be the focus of the bigger tricks. The 2 close up guys can do some walk around before the show and then also during the show using a projector screen. The 2 can also assist with the person who has done the larger show. I know all 3 of you will want to get the same amoun t of time to shine but in this short period of time I would suggest shifting the focus to the 1 person who has done a big show. Now here is a question ....does this person have a big show or only helped in a big show? Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
dblatt25
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dblatt25
Thanks for responding!

Yes he does have his own show. I figure that he will be the main act so I thought that instead I could do 15 min of stand-up magic ( like harry anderson) and then he would go afterward. any other advice?

Thanks

david
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
The two of you could stroll outside the auditorium and perform close up, and then have the show start (less than an hour now obviously). If you make the outside performance seem like a part of the act, then people might not notice it.
the kid houdini
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of the kid houdini
To get some in expensive illusions check out some of andrew mayne's books. My personal favorite is The secret illusion show where he teaches a human appearance, a dancing hank, a kind of metamorphisis, an effect where you walk through a spectator, and a teleportation routine.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-09-03 05:27, dblatt25 wrote:
Thanks for responding!

Yes he does have his own show. I figure that he will be the main act so I thought that instead I could do 15 min of stand-up magic ( like harry anderson) and then he would go afterward. any other advice?

Thanks

david

Maybe you didn't mean for it to sound like this, but really you shouldn't do 15 minutes of stand-up magic like Harry Anderson. Do it like David. This is a great place to figure out what your style is and not imitate someone else. This doesn't mean you couldn't do some of the same tricks Harry does. But you will never be Harry Anderson. And he will never be you.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » College Kids need your help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL