The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Generic Birthday wishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I never know what to write on office birthday cards, for people I barely know. Any ideas?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Happy Birthday... thingy. Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Glad you were born so you could be here and ease my workload.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Back when I held a real job for a leading hotel, we celebrated everyone's birthday like no one's business. When you have 70 something people in the same dept. or floor, there's a frickin' birthday every other day.

This would of been fine with me had they not made a habit of going around collecting $. Yeah $.

One day, a supervisor approached me and said they were buying the Vice-Pres. a bottle of some expensive booze. I said that was fine and assured her he would appreciate it since it was his favorite.

She said they had already taken a collection and were still some $70 short. Turned out to be a real big size and expensive quality. I reminded her that it should be evidence that they decided to buy him something outside of the budget? She didn't want to hear that. Heck, she was probably sleeping with him for all I know and was determined to make him coo over the expensive gift which she eventually handed to him during a meeting.

I walked over to the VP office and told him I had just been approached for cash to buy him his "Happy Birthday Gift". He quickly replied that a simple card would actually be worth more to him.

I went on about the people under him making under 35K a year and barely making it on that. And finally told him the only way I was going to buy him booze was in his dreams.

Finally I told him "Hell some of these people need all the money they can get their hands on to buy their own booze to forget about this place".

I honestly hated that posh office and about 98.9% of those who worked there.

Anyway, Josh, don't just write "Happy Birthday". Write at least five or six lines wishing him/her the very best in years to come and how special they are Smile Make them a friend if possible.

God I hated those pretentious, over-perfumed,cologned,big hair,too much make-up,insincere,day fresh haircut,fake,clueless,back-stabbing,vice president *ss kising,pea soup spewing snakes.

Just worthless!

Made for each other and deserving of their environment, I sure hope they're still in that hell hole or similar.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Someone wrote the following in my high school yearbook, and I never forgot it. I've used it on similar occasions as you mention:

Can't think.
Brain dumb.
Inspiration won't come.
Bad ink.
Bum pen.
Best wishes, amen!

Simple, but effective.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 19:29, Carrie Sue wrote:
Someone wrote the following in my high school yearbook, and I never forgot it. I've used it on similar occasions as you mention:

Can't think.
Brain dumb.
Inspiration won't come.
Bad ink.
Bum pen.
Best wishes, amen!

Simple, but effective.

Carrie

Do you care to give us your interpretation of that? Simple? Not for all. Effective? Not if they don't get it.
thegreatsantani
View Profile
New user
L.A.
57 Posts

Profile of thegreatsantani
Quote:
On 2006-09-07 18:19, RandyStewart wrote:
Back when I held a real job for a leading hotel, we celebrated everyone's birthday like no one's business. When you have 70 something people in the same dept. or floor, there's a frickin' birthday every other day.

How old are you if your years only have 140 days?

TGS
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The guy I worked with at the magic shop here used to trade Christmas cards with another magician, and they would often try to out do each other for cheapness. A common transaction was crossing out the name of a previous sender and "re-gifting" the card. But the best came to my friend in the form of a poem, not unlike that which Carrie Sue gave us. It was written on a hunk of cardboard torn from a box, and read:

Money's tight
Times are hard
But, here's your ***ed old Christmas card.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 00:22, Michael Baker wrote:
It was written on a hunk of cardboard torn from a box, and read:

Money's tight
Times are hard
But, here's your ***ed old Christmas card.

You see, it's forums like this that sometimes give me the right ideas for the perfect gift for the right person. I love that one. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Generic Birthday wishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL