The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Seemingly impossible Cap in Bottle effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
Just saw this video on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNeA-9CdPY

From the Penguin forums, it looks like a young man has created this and is looking to get it marketed. I looks like a normal cap in bottle effect, I know. But he claims that you can give the bottle to the spectator to keep after the effect with the cap stuck inside the bottle.

This will work with a Gatorade, old Powerade, or plastic Snapple bottle, and he could have it marketed quite soon.

What do you guys think? Is it for real? I've no reason to doubt him, but I just can't understand how this effect is possible! No holes; no trick cap; there's seemingly nothing unusual about the label..... I'm stumped. There is a minor setup required. This could be a great effect.
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
The method seems to be obvious. I have done something similar for years. Examinable...kind of...but not totally. No holes?.....semantics.

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Certainly NOT obvious to 'this' guy. To me, it's VERY visual, and looks great. I don't know about 'angles' mind you.

I do know that 'Dougini' from the Café purchased it, and is very happy with it.

I'm giving it 'serious' consideration.

smitty
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Can't find it on Penguin....help?
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
One thing about Gatorade bottles is that the opening in them is wider than most other bottles and the cap isn't hard plastic, its flexible. I'm not really familiar with the other bottles but there probably the same.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Seemingly impossible Cap in Bottle effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL