The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Color of Rabbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I would like to know peoples opinions on using black rabbits instead of white rabbits in vanishes, ect. Do you think it takes away from the effect? If the audience sees me vanish or produce a black rabbit, do you think they will think the color (black) was needed to help in the deception? I would just like peoples honest opinions on this and I appreciate any help I can get. I have an opportunity to get a pair of black rabbits and was always thinking that I wanted something just a little different than the ordinary white rabbit. Thanks for your comments.

Take care,

Bryan
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
I have a white mini rex I use for a production. Contrast is great because Wolf's Funhouse is black inside. I use a brown dwarf in the crystal cylinder. that works great too.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
My personal preference is black for the colour of the rabbits. That is what I used to have. I liked it the best....
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Kids may think that mini brown or black bunnies are dogs or another animal, especially the lop-eared ones.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I should add that I am going to use them for a "Where Do The Ducks Go" routine.........

Thanks,

Bryan
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
It all depends on the apparatus used in the vanish. If you are using a BA box then I feel it does diminish the effect. Also if you are wearing mostly black, then it might also diminish the effect.

What matters is the contrast. The clothes and box interior needs to be different than the bunny, IMO.

Regan
Mister Mystery
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
There is no visible box interior. It is a take apart box with the appearance in a bucket.

Thanks

Bryan
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Then it would probably look fine. Beware of dark color clothing though.

Regan
Mister Mystery
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
How big of an audience do you plan to perform for?
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I plan on starting out small then progressing towards as big an audience as I can get......

Thanks,

Bryan
Peter Austin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Peter Austin
I agree with Regan... If your using box type illusions they are generally always BLACK inside and using a black rabbit would definitely take away from the trick since the rabbit would blend and be camouflaged by the black of the walls. But if you're doing a trick like a drawer box or even Rabbit in hat, I think it would be fine. Contrast is definitely an issue and you want your rabbit to be "seen" clearly when its time for his appearance. Although I think there could be some tricks or illusions where the fact that the rabbit is black and less contrast could possibly be a plus. I never though about using a black rabbit in my “rabbit in hat”... hmmmm, that might actually be better since the rabbit would be less noticeable in the hat and less likely to be discovered inside until you are ready to show it… I'm going to have to think about this one...lol

Peter Austin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Color of Rabbits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL