The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » PW Proline Vanishing Dove Cage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I just posted a review of my brand new PW ProCage here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......12&0

It's like Christmas came early this year. Cliff plans to have pictures up on his website soon (the pics are of my cage - I'm thrilled).

Having read the previous threads here regarding the various available cage vanishes, I had to have the PW Procage after watching Jason Purdy's demo of it. Once I saw it in action, I knew that it was the cage for me. I know that the debate over "which cage is best in the universe" will probably start all over again, but I'd just like to comment that many of the negatives previously dicsussed about Proline cages have apparently been addressed and fixed, as noted in my review.

Anyway, I'm excited about the cage, and it definitely lived up to my expectation of it. Give it a look for yourselves.

Chris
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Chris Smile

Nice review! Smile

I ordered mine a few weeks ago...

For me, I personally like the 4 legged version. So I asked Cliff (a great builder & guy) to build 4 legs instead of 3 on the NEW Proline Base… & a little longer...same length like the regular base. E.g. Chalet old legs exact length...the price is higher...but I think worth the money.

So in my view, it will looks great because I will not have a smaller base & a bigger top, looks odd in my personal view.... but a slightly bigger base (just like the regular) but with a new stylish design...removable & still can be fitted into the thin Tampa Co. Carpet Case with 3 handles.

I agree with you..." The PW Procage is going to be THE choice of professional performers everywhere!"

Thanks to Cligg Wigg & Jason Purdy, great job! Smile

Warmest Regards
dove-boy Smile
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Hi Joe!

As I recall, you sold another Proline cage just recently and I guess that was so you could upgrade to the PW ProCage. I think that says a lot about the new cage if experienced people like yourself want to upgrade. Smile

As for the 4 legs or 3 legs - to each his own. I have often found that many 4 legged stands end up balancing on just 3 of the 4 casters anyway, depending on the floor surface that you are on. But I imagine that all of Cliff's stands are well made regardless.

Chris
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Chris Smile

Great to hear from you Smile

Yup,you are right....both work the same..both are equally nice Smile

But I am using the " Kicking the table base away with the leg when vanishing the cage" Invented OR should I say (make famous) by James Cielen..Jonathan David Bass follows too....hence Cliff suggests 4 legged base are more stable with this action..... personally I think looks nicer with 4 legs, but Cliff don't advise the action of kicking away the table base..... Smile

Hope to have a chance to meet you one day...you going to IBM Reno 07? Smile

Warmest Regards
doveboy Smile
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Doveboy:

AAAAAAaaaaaaa! I see (said the blind man). Yes, you would probably want to have a 4 legged stand if you are going to "kick" it away like that. I confess to having never seen those guys do that. It sounds cool though. Although the mere thought of my cage toppling over....yikes! I have to agreee with Cliff on that one - that would NOT be cool!

As I think about why you would do that in the 1st place, I guess it would make more sense if you do NOT use an assistant in your bird act. Then the act of using your leg to push the table away might make performing sense. However, I use my daughters in my act now, so I have someone to strike the cage for me.

As for Reno '07... I don't plan that far ahead! Probably not - I spent all of my money on a Vanishing Bird Cage - and another prop that I have yet to receive....but that's a whole other thread.... Smile

Magically,

Chris
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I am an amateur dove magician; I am interesed in a used vanishing dove cage if any of you pro magicians planning to upgrade to the new PW ProCage and want to unload your old ones, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Roy
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
How do I get in touch with cliff from proline?
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Cliff has made several items for me and I will be getting my PW Procage this month so I am very excited.

Funky guy, this is Cliffs website...

http://www.proline-magic.com/

and his email.....

info@proline-magic.com

Take care,

Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » PW Proline Vanishing Dove Cage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL