The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Need patter ideas .. for Egg Bag (with the mesh net in front) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougRoye
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of DougRoye
Hi...

Was wondering if anyone had any patter or routine ideas for the Egg Bag (the one with the mesh net in front.. where the egg slips into/out of view).

Many thanks in advance!

Doug
Salt Lake City
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
Hi Doug,

You could come out with a funny routine where you would tell people that there was something bizzare that happened... When people ask what is it? with a straight face and astonishment tell them that a chicken laid an egg... you ll get laughs here... but with a serious face... ask them what is funny? and ask if someone doesn't think it is bizzare?? and if someone does say that (you ll find many), with a straight face ask them to lay and egg.... you will have more laughs this time... now, tell them that you as a magician worked a lot on this and have come up with a solution where you can make people lay eggs!!!

Request someone to volunteer while you demonstrate... Once you have a volunteer, tell them that the trick is not complete and funny things happen when you do it with people (with a serious face)... now you ll love the expression of the volunteer when he hears this and show them the empty bag.... ask the spectator to face away from the audience (i.e., back towards the audience) and then just tap the back at the lower back of the volunteer visually showing an egg appearing... you ll get a lot of claps now (but have a surprised look on your face and look at the volunteer in surprise)... ask him to turn back and pull out the egg out of the bag...and vanish it in thin air or just slap it in his behind and show the bag empty and repeat the above step again... do this about 2 to 3 times max and your audience will split if done well....
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just to sort of start you thinking….
I’ve always loved the egg-bag (in all its incarnations)
but the idea of having an egg on stage, or in your pocket, wherever…
just never made any logical or magical sense to me.

I think at it’s best, magic should have a reason or motivation,
for the prop or story or effect being before an audience.

So a few years back, instead of putting the egg-bag to rest,
I brainstormed what other similar light objects would make sense in my act.

I ended up using a carved wooden heart.
The story that surrounds the piece has to do with
how differently we all deal with our heats and our heartbreaks.

Some people “wear their heart on their sleeve” and are very open,
others hide their hearts fearful they might be broken.
Some of us give our hearts freely, others are hard-hearted.
In the presentation there are quotes about the heart,
from Emily Dickenson, W. H. Auden, and others.

It proved to be quite effective for me.
So my suggestion is to either figure out why you’d be on stage,
sticking an egg in a little bag and pulling it out again,
or think creatively about another object that might work well for you.

This is my first extended post here on Magic Café,
hope it is of help, feel free to brainstorm with me privately if you’d like.

Magically, Walt
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
I suggest that you bring a child up on the stage, and have them do the trick first. It introduces participation, and there are many different comedy routines for it.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
520 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok the chicken laying an egg then people laying eggs is priceless.
I played with this in a show last night and it was hillarious. You gotta have a certain personality and aproach to play this but if you do its a hoot.

zimsalabim
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Go for a larger egg, the goose that layed te golden ones?

Consider the egg as a food source for someone with not much to eat, then the bag becomes the magic part, able to fulfill your need.

mythology and folk tales abound!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Need patter ideas .. for Egg Bag (with the mesh net in front) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL