The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
Are this project really in work? Is it based on the AOA book series?
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
Apparently so, but the rumors are that they will be single trick or 2 or 3 trick dvd's and not a full set. With as much material as is covered in the 3 AOA books, I'd say that this will be a 10-15 dvd set and cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 to $500 to own them all. I don't know about your financial situation, but that's a neighborhood that I can't afford to be living in at the moment.

Personally, I'd say forget about the dvd's and buy the books. You can get the set of three for around $100 and you will have made the wisest magic investment that you could ever make. Also, you could spend about $40 or so buying the two Paul Harris "stars of magic" dvd's. They cover 5 volumes of VHS videos put out by PH and include 50+ of Pauls effects, including effects like his screwed deck. I would check those dvd's out.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I would also check out the Art of Astonishment tape, its great!
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
I think a DVD set of only performances of the tricks of AOA ala Encyclopedia of Card flourishes would be an even greater addition. There are so many tricks I would like to see Paul perform!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
So basically this project is the Tricks we are seing released, that is: Arm Buster, BLack Widow, Warp One, etc...?
Yours,

Ivan
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I wish Tim Trono (or, beter yet, Paul Harris) would chime in here. Tim originally started the ball rolling with his post stating that the footage was virtually in the can and about to be edited for a possible late summer release when Paul got the call to assist with David Blaine's last soggy special. The story at that point was that he would pick up and complete the project for release near the end of this year. It was supposed to be a 10 DVD project, with an 11th bonus DVD for purchasers of the entire set. It was only a few weeks ago that I started to hear about the supposed dismantling of the project, but only through rumor posts here on the Café.

Anyone out there with actual knowledge of the project that can set the record straight?
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I know its called True Astonishment and Tim Torono and Paul Harris are working on it as we speak.

John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yeah, the question is when and how are the dvd's being produced. Is it still the 10 set as promised? I know a lot of big name magicians also contributing to the dvd's. We really need an update.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-09-25 19:13, Magiguy wrote:
I wish Tim Trono (or, beter yet, Paul Harris) would chime in here. Tim originally started the ball rolling with his post stating that the footage was virtually in the can and about to be edited for a possible late summer release when Paul got the call to assist with David Blaine's last soggy special. The story at that point was that he would pick up and complete the project for release near the end of this year. It was supposed to be a 10 DVD project, with an 11th bonus DVD for purchasers of the entire set. It was only a few weeks ago that I started to hear about the supposed dismantling of the project, but only through rumor posts here on the Café.

Anyone out there with actual knowledge of the project that can set the record straight?

Exactly....and this has been a bug in my hair for a looong time now.

I sure would like to know the truth!

But how can one find the truth in a forum dedicated to runmoreas?

(sigh)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Nobody of the famous professional magicians here on the forum has the cellphone number of Paul and can ask it directly to him? Smile

Dave
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Paul is still working on them... he described it as the project that never ends. So they will be out...but when??? At last conversation, he was going to try releasing a dvd with 3-4 tricks and an interview or other odds and ends, but that's not cast in stone either.
1nOnly
View Profile
New user
Southern California (way south)
25 Posts

Profile of 1nOnly
You can also refer to murphymagic's blog area for updates. Here is the link:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/site/blog.html
Above all, remember this one thing. Don't tell them anything about how it's done. Theym really don't want to know.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Any more news on this project. Tim Trono's last update on Murphysmagic.com was Oct. 15 from what I got.

Thanks,
Alton
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Where's Chuck Martinez when we need him? I think highly creative people need practical, business minded people to keep them on track sometimes.

I'm really looking forward to this project along with everyone else, but it seems to keep changing.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris DVD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL