The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Making Street Shells Magnetic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjling
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of sjling
I am looking into buying School for Scoundrels Street Shells. The magnetic version is considerably more expensive and outside my budget. Has anyone successfully tried making regular shells magnetic? I have loads of tiny neodynium magnets "floating" around.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Do you wear any rings? Have any Chopped peas laying around?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
sjling
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of sjling
I do, but I am not sure I understand the context of your question.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sjling,
I wouldn't worry about trying to make your shells magnetic for several reasons. If you don't understand the "Chopped Pea" comment, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't know what to do with the mag shells if you had them. Plus, you'll destroy your set experimenting to find the right combination of size and strength. It's much cheaper in the long run to buy the set ready made.

xjesterx's comment about the ring doesn't work well in real practice. I think he's thinking about using a PK ring instead of the mag shell. The trouble with that is, the hand position is all wrong. There are other ways to do it that don't involve rings or mag shells. They'll be published in the next School for Scoundrels DVD offering.

In the mean time, use what you have. There's a LOT to learn about these without complicating the issue by adding things to it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Agreed.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Making Street Shells Magnetic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL