The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » In Your Face Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
The second post was for clarification. Anyway, sorry if I hurt your feelings. The whole whining/making a living as a creator in a saturated marketplace is for a different thread.

Now, is there anyone who can answer my questions regarding the change and what makes it different from the versions I talked of above?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
threeshellgame
View Profile
New user
Sierra Nevada Foothills, Northern California
32 Posts

Profile of threeshellgame
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 19:45, Hart Keene wrote:
The whole whining/making a living as a creator in a saturated marketplace is for a different thread.

Then you should have indicated that in your post. You didn't hurt my feelings (an odd phrase) but I did not appreciate your inference. That's it, plain and simple. No "hurt feelings," just setting the record straight.

And what about accusing me of being the creator of the product in your next post, which is completely untrue? You seeemed to have forgotten about that. Or don't you check to see who's posting what before you start "slinging?"
"Old Enough to Know Better, Still Too Young to Care"
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I already apologized but since you keep going I will defend myself. I brought up whining because of YOUR price justification. I don't think your defense of the price was valid, so I spoke up.

As far as you being the creator or marketer, my bad. But please daddy, give me another good scolding...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
threeshellgame
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-01 20:09, Hart Keene wrote:
I already apologized but since you keep going I will defend myself. I brought up whining because of YOUR price justification. I don't think your defense of the price was valid, so I spoke up.

As far as you being the creator or marketer, my bad. But please daddy, give me another good scolding...

"My bad," that makes it all right. I pity people far less nasty than you.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 20:15, threeshellgame wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 20:09, Hart Keene wrote:

"My bad," that makes it all right. I pity people far less nasty than you.

So now I am nasty? Just be glad you will never have the pleasure of seeing how nasty I can get. I apologized, I said that it was my bad, you continue to beat the dead horse. I hope it is alright now. If its not, what are you going to do about it? I think we have gotten far enough off the topic of this thread. Lets not butcher this thing anymore. This has clearly gotten personal so we can continue this discussion(if we really need to) via Private messages. I assume that this is the last "personal" posting between us on this thread.

Now, can we talk about the effect and its originality? I have to say that I really like the change, it looks great. It just looks so close to the changes I mentioned above that I have to wonder...

I am not accusing anyone of anything BTW, I just stated MY OPINION regarding the price of this effect. I also asked questions regarding the effect that are in no way out of line. Re-read my original post.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
threeshellgame
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

After that post, this exchange is over in this medium.
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Wow, not the posts that I was hoping for when I entered this site.

About this effect and how it differs from the EGO Change. In the download of the effect the first thing I state is that I developed this change from two of the BEST color changes that I do daily. The EGO change and the erdanase change. I combined the best of the two, to create, what I would consider, an ultimate color change. The difference from the ego change is not in the look, as you can say that it looks very much a like, but it is in what you can do after the change occurs. If you know the ego chagne you know that after the change occurs, you are stuck to what you do with the changed card. With the in your face change, as seen in the demo, you don't completely cover the cards, the card is changed in view and you can shuffle the deck, make the card reappear, find another card and change that card, back to the original card, a card to wallet effect can come from this and SO much more. It all depends on your interpretation of this effect. I have also posted a video on a differnet website of a card to box routine that this color change works perfectly for. I personally think $15 is a steal for this change.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thanks
Bill
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 21:06, Billman wrote:
Wow, not the posts that I was hoping for when I entered this site.

About this effect and how it differs from the EGO Change. In the download of the effect the first thing I state is that I developed this change from two of the BEST color changes that I do daily. The EGO change and the erdanase change. I combined the best of the two, to create, what I would consider, an ultimate color change. The difference from the ego change is not in the look, as you can say that it looks very much a like, but it is in what you can do after the change occurs. If you know the ego chagne you know that after the change occurs, you are stuck to what you do with the changed card. With the in your face change, as seen in the demo, you don't completely cover the cards, the card is changed in view and you can shuffle the deck, make the card reappear, find another card and change that card, back to the original card, a card to wallet effect can come from this and SO much more. It all depends on your interpretation of this effect. I have also posted a video on a differnet website of a card to box routine that this color change works perfectly for. I personally think $15 is a steal for this change.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thanks
Bill

Thank you Bill. The change really does look great. What about angles? I perform EGO and as you know it is angle sensitive. When I do it people always react and look away from the clean-up anyway. What would be the advantages of going with your change instead of EGO?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
With this change, the angles of the effect are cut down drastically. You can perform this effect, just as if you were performing the erdanase color change. there is no need to turn to the spectator to get the best angles. face to face is all you need.

Hope this helps
Bill
threeshellgame
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

As I said in my original post, I think it is well worth the money. Nice work, Bill!
Steve
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
It is a beautiful change, though unfortunately it is out of my price range. Hope to see some more reviews as I would like to someday get it. Billman, may I ask how long the download is (never purchased individual downloads before, always book or video)? Thanks, it really does look awesome.
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Robert P,
The download is broken up into about 5 sections, if I can remember correctly. The entire download is a little over 17 minutes long. Not bad for a single color change effect. Most single color change effects, that I've purchased, have been between 10 and 12 minutes long.

Hope this helps make up your mind about purchasing the effect

Bill
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I just bought the download and I have to say its a really clean change.
After 10mins of playing around with the sleight ive got it down good looking.
Yeah its a bit high priced but I like the idea of supporting magicians who are not so famous.When I think of the axis change ,which is horrible angle sensitive for real performance situations and its 7,99 or something in this price range.
The IYF change is a colour change you´ll keep performing that's for sure.

Iam happy with another visual kicker in my arsenal Smile

if I need to rate it i´ll give it 8/10.

Greetings from germany
Jerry
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Cosmicsecret,

Thank you very much for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed the effect and will impliment it into your routin. I would love to see a video of your handeling and style with this color Change.

Thanks everyone for the reviews also!
Bill
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks for publishing this great change. I've bought it last night and it's really visual, non angle sensitive and quiet. Most importantly it's easy to learn, even for newbie like me.

The clean up is a bit difficult for me but as I said, I'm a newbie. I'm sure I can get it smooth pretty soon.

Highly recommended!
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Quote:
On 2006-11-04 02:34, Billman wrote:
Cosmicsecret,

Thank you very much for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed the effect and will impliment it into your routin. I would love to see a video of your handeling and style with this color Change.

Thanks everyone for the reviews also!
Bill

I will post a video soon which includes the change Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think $15 is a little steep IMO, so I am with Luke Dancy here. For about that price, I have an eBook with five workable card routines gaining acclaim from top Magicians.
Jack Parker has eBooks out with more material in for either the same price, less, or even just a tiny bit more, and Jack doesn't need any introduction as his name is already becoming HUGE amongst Magicians.
For just $5 more you can get a 170 page eBook (England Up Close) full of incredible material.
Joshua Jays eBook for just $18, with about 7 or 8 incredible routines that fools anyone and everyone who watches them.
Aaron Shields Dribble block pass is only $8 and is an incredible sleight that is completely invisible. It is also well taught, and IMO, more useful than a colour change. Usually a colour change comes after a control, so the control is more important.

Just stating what in some peoples opinions is a little overpriced just to learn a colour change that looks like most already out there.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I mean, this am the best COLOR CHANGE.
Super explanation only the quality of the video is bad.
The technology and the idea are unbelievably good.
I think, which is this trick the best of its kind.
I am really gladly it to have bought.
Easy and fast.
Absolutely 10/10
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » In Your Face Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL