The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Wand: Vanishing Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Hello,

My daughter currently uses the Uday Silk Vanishing Wand, using the cone method. Although she likes performing this trick, she wants a more realistic wand. I saw that Daytona has this wand on their website: http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=3237 Unfortunately, they don't have it in stock. Does anyone know anywhere else that carries this product?

Thanks everyone,

Kristen
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Kristen:

A nice silk vanishing wand is hard to come by these days. I believe P&L made a nice one, but it may cost you a nice sum on the used/collectors market. Another option is to contact Abbott's Magic - they may still make a silk vanishing wand.

Since your daughter likes to vanish a silk in a cone, you may want to think about using a regular wand and a gimmicked cone. There is a Tarbell cone, which I believe is described in the Tarbell Course in Magic. Duane Laflin shows how make one on his Sensational Silk Magic/Simply Beautiful Silk Magic DVD. There are also the Lewis Cone and Magic Hands Cone. The Magic Hands (in Germany) are now selling a few of their items on eBay.

I hope this helps.

Ron
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thanks, Ron, for your input. Sounds like I may just have to wait it out, or find a collectors one, as you stated. She really likes this method. She has used the other method before, but likes "tearing" up the paper into pieces for effect.

In the meantime, I will try and contact Abbott's Magic. Thanks again for the help. It is greatly appreciated!

Kristen
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I believe that Viking/Collector's Workshop has one.
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thanks, Charliesmagic, I'll check it out!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
The Viking/Collector's wand was called "Instant Silk Vanishing Wand." Unfortunately, it's no longer listed on their site. However, the "Instant" style of wand is different in that you don't use a cone. You just hold up the silk, tap it with the wand, and it vanishes. You may want to check these out, though, because they're usually much nicer looking, and it should be just as easy to use with a cone.

Good luck!
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have the Viking wand for sale. It is a nice wand, but I never used it because of the small silk.

Regan
Mister Mystery
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
These things are so easy to make. I'm sure the method has been published in Tarbell and quite possibly Dunninger's Encyclopedia.
POOF!
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Quote:
On 2006-10-16 22:32, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
The Viking/Collector's wand was called "Instant Silk Vanishing Wand." Unfortunately, it's no longer listed on their site. However, the "Instant" style of wand is different in that you don't use a cone. You just hold up the silk, tap it with the wand, and it vanishes. You may want to check these out, though, because they're usually much nicer looking, and it should be just as easy to use with a cone.

Good luck!

Is this the type of wand that typically "shreds" silks? I have heard of a different version (the one she uses is like the one that is listed in Tarbell's book).

As far as making one, I've never thought of that. I guess we could always try! We've made lots of other things, I guess we could give that a try as well!

Daytona did respond to say they should have it back in stock in a week and can ship it after that. Their original email sounded like they wouldn't have it for awhile, I think waiting a couple of weeks is simple! I've had to wait a lot longer than that for items before!!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Zazz,

I've never used one, so I not sure. I wouldn't be surprised, though. It's spring-loaded and "sucks" the silk up with great force.
I wouldn't think making the "Tarbell" version would be very difficult, especially if you've made other stuff. You could, then, make it look like whatever you want.

Best
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Wand: Vanishing Silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL