The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The 21-Card Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
One way you can do this trick is to hussle somebody. you go past their can and tell them that the next card I turn over will be your card, and I'm willing to bet five dollars on it. so you bet five dollars on it, go back through the already went through cards and turn over their card face down and ask for your five dollars. it works!! I've made about 20 this way in one night!!
alakazam!
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of alakazam!
Bill Palmer's post reminds me of a Steve Beam effect, "The Of-Age Card Trick" which is very similar to the one he described. It's in Semi-Automatic Card Tricks 3 I believe.
alakazam!
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of alakazam!
Oh, and that reminds me, there's another Steve Beam effect "Turning 21" which again has a nice surprise ending, also in SACT 3.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Jon Racherbaumer's ebook on this is very interesting. One of my favorite versions is by Roy Walton which was published a few years ago in MAGIC magazine. I emailed the reference to Jon - so, it may have been added to the hundreds of other references in the book...
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Surprised nobody mentioned the few excellent variations of this routine, including Tom Craven's 27-card trick, in BEST OF FRIENDS, VOLUME 3. HL
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Natural Hazard
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, England
3 Posts

Profile of Natural Hazard
This is a good version, saw a friend do it in a pub, not as good however, but I managed to change it a bit to make it more fun and exciting ands its pretty simple.

Step 1) Ask Spectator To Suffle A Deck Of 52 Cards, Then When Shuffled To Draw 21 Cards
Step 2) Ask The Spectator To Pick a Card
Step 3) Doe an Overhand Shuffle Of The Deck On 21 make sure to carefully glimpse at the bottom card and memorize it, this is the "Key Card". Then tell
the spectator to place his card on the left hand deck around the middle of the suffle, and place the right hand on top of the left hence placing the key card on top of it.
Step 4) Draw 7 Cards and Lay Them Face up In Rows Of Three, ask the spectator which row the card is on, to make the spectator think your looking for it and don't have any idea of its possible location, once he chooses put this row in the middle of the deck if the cards are more to the top of the row if more at the bottom place at the bottom of the deck and the other rows above it.
Step 5) If the cards are near the top of the deck, Cut the Deck from the top taking a huge chunk if there near the top, and put it on the bottom and/or there card is in the middle, if their card is on the bottom cut the bottom large amount and place them on the top.
Step 6) Repeat Steps 4 and 5 Two More times.
Step 7) Then Deal the cards until you come to the key card, after you deal that card immediatly without hesitation, deal the spectators card and say "Is this your card?"

Btw, I am not that old, therefore I have never experienced this trick in my life, sadly so it amazed me I know however that this version wont be that good on much older generations but all my friends seemed to like it, so hey I am happy Smile, btw any extras ppl can tell me to better this trick, I am free to open critism and help Smile
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 17:38, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Surprised nobody mentioned the few excellent variations of this routine, including Tom Craven's 27-card trick, in BEST OF FRIENDS, VOLUME 3. HL

I can attest. "That one's a fooler."
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The 21-Card Trick (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL