The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » My dove act. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Absulutely flawless sleight of hands, a well done job..
but needs more improvement on routining and body languages.
certain part needs a straight cut body language,
theres something wrong about the cane with silk, wipe it, then appear a cage follow by a dove.
theres something wrong with the build up.
erm,,,, I think it will be better whilst taking the cane you get-ready for the steal of the cage/dove and point while producing the silk and again a natural misdirection to get-ready for the dove/cage, so that the set up is ahead of time.
I love the part where the cloth with card designs slowly transform into an umbrella. it fooled me and it looks like MAGIC.the final dove doesn't seems to blend in smoothly into the routine, it feels like a group of rounded shapes with a single diamond shape among it.
y dun you do the table dove steal with the blue silk, like this:
misdirect them with the ditching of the fire fan instead of the flower which seems to appear in the wrong place, the flower doesn't give a good reason for its appearance in ur routine.
one more suggestion, shorten ur card routine so that the audience are not brought too far away from the final dove appearance.
ermm... hope you dun mind for me to comment, since i`m not a vegas standard performer. I myself is still developing on my own act.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P5gFTxRJEFY

hope you can comment on my routine as well..
LETS UNITE FOR MAGIC!!!!
- a f o i -
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Thanks for its comment.

Best Regards

Andrély
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Andrély

Superb act !.

It isn't often that I comment on someones act , especially when it has been on "You tube" as usually they vary from a low mediocre standard to very poor.

I really enjoyed your act and have to say that I think it is well put together. The only thing that I would change is the part with the cigarette smoking as this doesn't go with todays way of thinking.

I watched your act from start to finish (as I said above - a very rare thing for me to do with acts on You Tube). I very much like and appreciate the fact that you are using several new and novel ideas throughout. The cards to umbrella etc.

The multiplying cards is very good and I know , from experience, takes a lot of skill .

Keep up the good work, Excellent !.

Stuart.
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Thanks!!!

Andrély!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will have to give you an "A" because you act was outstanding. I can tell you will win contest at a lot of magician's coventions. I surprised I never heard of you before. I like the timing, lighting, your outfit, music, skill, showmanship, etc. You might want to change the part of keeping the cards in your mouth for that amount of time.

You might want to get a demo put together where there are at least 3 cameras showing different areas (one on the audience reactions).

You already have an EXCELLENT act. In the future if you want to add a little something, try having a beautiful assistant accepting props from you. The other idea I can think of is to put a comedy trick/move/part in your act for audience laugther one time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » My dove act. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL