The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A cool function of the Striking Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
Hey guys... this is my first post in this section, and I just want to share an idea I had and field tested earlier today with great success.

First take a pen and its cap, which has to have a tail coming off it. Twist this tail back and forth until it snaps off, which it will pretty easily if its one of those ten-cent pens. Now take a duplicate (yet unbroken) pen cap, put it on the pen, and keep the broken off tail in your pocket.

When you perform - and this is just how I did it today, there's likely a better method - have the tail in fingertip rest. Pull the cap off and hand the spectators the pen. Then drop the tail inside the cap (this isn't necessary, but it allows you to show your hands very cleanly). Tell them you'll twist this tail off and then mimic the action of doing so. When it's believable, let the tail inside the cap fall between your fingers, and pluck it off. Show the cap in one hand (concealing the tail) and the broken piece in the other.

Ask for the pen back and put the cap back on - its best if they're the same color, I suppose; I did it with a blue pen and blue cap (Papermate). Show the tail on the fingertips of your left hand and point to it with the pen in your right hand. The poiting end of the pen is the cap, the position of which should obviously conceal the fact that its unbroken. Do your striking vanish, and then hand them the pen.

I don't know how good this is, but I feel that it's a pretty magical idea and I was pleased with the reactions I got today. Try it out and let me know how it worked for ya. Thanks for reading!

Seo.
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I think the audience would suspect a double cap, losing the power of the overall effect (especially since it is NOT a duplicate cap!). It's a cute trick, but I think it can be combined with an effect which does not even call into the mind of a duplicate cap.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
TOD...he said he recieved positive reactions..nuff said! I don't think the intention of the effect was to be a major mind boggler..just a nice little piece of magic if for nothing else to practice a striking vanish and add a little mystery to someones day.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
This effect was published in Magic a few years back and used the pens with te metal clip attached. It also used the striking vanish.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A cool function of the Striking Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL