The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Just a quick, probably stupid, thought. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
For the guys using a hop when nullifying the cut, wouldn't a cover pass be better than just a standard riffle or classic pass for example? or am I missing something?

Kind Regards, Kim
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
At the card table, I haven't seen any one of the passes mentioned above work. When putting the cards back together, the movement necessary to do any of the above is usually not necessary and comes under suspicion.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Okey fair enough. What methods have you seen / heard of then? I know a couple of others, unfortunately I don't know any exact names.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Why are you looking for stuff that you already have the answer to? My Infinity Pass defy detection at the table. There is no dropping of the upper part of the deck which can be seen when you do a standard pass at the table.

Doc
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I can do my classic pass fast enough. When after the cards are cut to your right you pass with the cover of your motion to deal to the left.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Doc I asked because I want to have the opportunity to choose the sleights that suit me the best, and the more I can choose from the better. Would also be interesting to know the names of the passes I do at the moment, hopefully I can decide for which one is which when I hear / see the names.

Kim

ps. yes I have seen your infinity pass many times, unfortunately I cannot see how it is done even when exposed as the video quality is very bad.
andrewph
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of andrewph
I have seen passes used in games, but it comes after the cards are dealt and you are setting the deck down.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2006-10-26 08:07, MagicKim wrote:
Doc I asked because I want to have the opportunity to choose the sleights that suit me the best, and the more I can choose from the better.

MagicKim I agree with you 100% in what you just stated, it was because of what you just said is the reason why I invented the Infinity Pass. After ****ysing all of the various passes/hops that's when I came up with this move.

Keep on searching and keep up the good work.

Respectfully,

Doc
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
MagicKim

Not wanting to assume anything, perhaps you could tell us if you would be seated when trying to nullify the cut, or not. Doc's infinity shift is perfect for the seated position. Myself, I prefer other methods.

C. Loubard
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Yeah I would be seated, cant really come up with any other situations at all. What r you referring to? I really like the infinity pass but as I said I cant make out what happens at all because of the video quality, but it is definitely a great pass as far as I know.

Kim
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Suffice it to say, shifts are not the only way to nullify a cut. I find forcing the cut very effective. While it is not 100% effective, for me, it tends to be about 95% effective.

Sharps and Flats gives a description for a very clever move that will restore the deck to it's original order. while the move is simplistic in nature, it is devilish in its simplicity. I have used it with great success.

C. Loubard
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Yeah I know a couple of methods for forcing the cut as well but not a good one when doing table riffles.. but I will probably come up with my own in the near future. Sharps and Flats.. hm?

Kim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3p7Uy2lWlE

I have just been shown this cover pass on the Workers forum, looks cool enough to me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Wooooooooow that is sick.

Not to mention that first trick he does
anyone here know if this stuff is available to learn?
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
rhucko1
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
126 Posts

Profile of rhucko1
Hi MagicKim,

If you base deal then Mexican Joe's shift makes a lot of sense to use (similar fundamental technique as a magician's cover pass, but suited for a gamber in a loose game; the position is obtained quickly and has more cards covering - the cards covering aren't a definite amount so only applicatble to reserving a bottom stock). See Vernon Revelations video series for a description.

Thanks,
Rich
"Card experts agree that the colour change, or transformation, is one of the most magical effects possible with a pack of cards."
- Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Leipzig by Lewis Ganson & Dai Vernon
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Thanks, I had forgot about that one! I have that vernon tape but unfortunately only on VHS and I only own a DvD nowadays Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Just a quick, probably stupid, thought. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL