The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Book on Female Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
I just wanted to tell all the ladies about a new book being written. I recently received an email from Lupe Nielsen about a new book being done on female magicians by Juan Tamariz' wife Ms. Gema Navarro. I believe the book is being done in Spanish, although I hope there will be an English translation. Smile There is also, of course, the book that Julie Sobanski is doing that is compiling the history of women in magic.

I think it's great that many of the female magicians that may have never received the accolades they deserve will be recognized in the history of magic. I also think we owe these authors a great debt as these ladies are preserving our history for us. I am so glad they are taking the time and energy to do this. My heartfelt thanks to them.
Peace Beth
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Oh that's great! I'm looking forward to have a copy of that. I do hope there would be an English translation. that would be really handy.

I hope there would also be a book featuring effects made specially for female magi.

long live womanhood!
Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
Hi Cyssa,
From Cool Daddy's post I saw that Belinda Sinclair is also working on a project on the history of female magicians. It said on her site ...."She is currently working on Magiciennes: The History of Women in Magic from Antiquity to the 21st Century. This multifaceted project will include a six book series, an in-depth documentary, film and television productions as well as a large-scale theatrical presentation featuring the world’s top female magicians. "

Sounds pretty cool! Wow a six book series! That's a lot. I would love to see a documentary about women in magic. Can't wait for that. Smile

http://www.belindasinclair.com/

Peace Beth
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Book on Female Magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL