The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Slither problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I picked up Slither a while back for next to nothing (everyone here seems to prefer Double Back, which may be why I got it so cheap). There's one kind of awkward move after the two (seemingly) face cards go into the specs hands, which I can do ok, but the problem I have is actually with the gimmick on the next move, when you show that you have the two spot cards, right before you do the the transposition.

I'll keep this vague enough not to tip the secret. As owners of this know, the gimmick utilizes two different principles in combination. The problem I have is not with the part that people complain breaks. It is with the OTHER aspect of the gimmick. There seems to be none (or at least not enough), which makes it difficult to keep things concealed. It's hard not to flash the face card (which also causes a discrepancy in terms of quantity, if you know what I mean). I know that "the little something extra" can be redone, but I don't have much expertise in that arena.

Short of getting a replacement gimmick or learning how to add "the little something extra" myself, are there any handling methods that would help prevent a flash when employing the gimmick?

I think I've kept this cryptic enough to post here instead of in Secret Sessions, but replies would probably be best PM'd to me instead of posted on the open board.

Thanks.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Slither problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL