The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pop-up Tie! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
How many grafters out there are familiar with the Pop Up Tie? I used to be one of the top Svengali workers in England way back when, but I made a fortune selling the pop up ties at Exhibitions. My old friend Ronnie McCleod will vouch for this....although I believe he no longer frequents this dining establishment! I think this could be worth reviving. Those of you who know what I am talking about, or even know Ronnie, I would be interested to hear your comments.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I'm interested. I'm willing to try anything (well almost) for a buck right now.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Pop up ties...sounds interesting.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Years ago I used to sell them at the ideal home exhibition for ten shillings and sixpence. These day I reckon I would put them out at at least 15 bucks. The strong selling point is the box which looks like it has a tie in it. Ofcourse it has not......it simply contains the brilliant gimmick that does the mischief.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Ronnie McLeod... that names sounds familiar. Anyway, with neckties selling for a buck at the Dollar Stores, you should be able to load up on a wholesale lot of them and combine selling neckties WITH the pop-up gimmick. Keep the box idea and when they open it and complain that it doesn't come with a tie, you are all set to sell them a tie to go with it.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Christmas is coming up, give us some info. I NEED MONEY!!!!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Brilliant idea, Spellbinder! Maybe I should give them a choice of ties. Or how about even a magical looking tie with cards or rabbit in the hat design that magicians like. You see, as a grafter, I sold to the public. But grafting pop up ties for magicians? Not a bad idea, eh?
Yes.........does anyone else out there know Ronnie McCleod? He really was one of the best in the field. Mind you, he must be getting on a bit now in years!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
McLeod or McCloud? Anyway, I thought he was dead by now. He was always complaining about how exhausted he was. If you're getting up lecture notes for a new grift-graft, don't overlook Eleazar Goodenough's Tear-Able Magic Necktie Routine (on my site). The pop-up tie would fit right in.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I looked for the gimmick and the prices range from $2.49 to $4.99.

How much could you sell them for?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I think it's McLeod. Spellbinder, Ronnie can't be that old...........maybe late 60's early seventies. If he is dead, that would be very sad indeed. I heard he left England years ago for the New world, but then we lost touch. He certainly did love that pop up tie. Big Jeff......I am sure you can get the gimmick for $2. I would sell it boxed for at least$15. Please don't tell my friend Geno Munari about this, or he will have them all grafting it at his Vegas shops when he gets wind of it's brilliance!!
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
For Mr. McLeod try http://www.buskerscafe.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I am not sure about the Rabbit in the Hat design after all. Magic Rabbits are a bit passe these days. What do you think folks?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pop-up Tie! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL