The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for Levitation Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
Does anyone have any suggestions for some good levitation music. I am looking for something without vocals and with a punctuated ending for a mid-air vanish. The overall feeling I am going for is slow, sexy, elegant, pretty, etc. I really like Lance Burton's levitation music (on his CD & currently in his show)... but obvious I don't want to use his music since it is his. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
As has been suggested here before. Look at royalty free music from the likes of Opus, Arthur Stead and from people like me that write music. Some of us can even be sent a video and the music made to fit the routine exactly.
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
In the air tonight, Phil Collins, fits the requirements except for the vocals.
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
At one point I was using the Barbara Streisand version of "Somewhere" from West Side Story. (Its on her Broadway Album.) It's very romantic with just a hint of mystery to the orchestration.

The musical swell right at the very end makes a great punch for an Asrah effect.

Dan/EARL
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Those are great selections but remember he asked for instrument/no vocals.

Bolero from the Moulin Rouge is a great instrumental track.

Also check out a lot of songs by Moby. Some great stuff there like First Cool Hive

You many also want to look into some Latin/Ballroom music (Tango).
Opus1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Opus1
Try "Floating", from the 'Sounds of the Sorcerer' CD. "Voix Celestes", "Angelique", and "Mystere" from the 'Illusionique' CD may work well for you. The tracks can be individually downloaded instantly, or you can order the CD(s).
Tommy
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Thomas Clark has a great CD 'What's Dove got to do with it'? He has a number of pieces that may suit you. It also includes a 4:05 min titled, 'Levitation'.
Max
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Try the last track from Shrek "True Loves First Kiss where she floats, it has three good rises in sound and then there is Mystery Magic Melody Royalty Free CD.. Take a look at Arthur's Steads "The Magic In You" Performance. I like this very much.
Dennis Michael
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Dennis is right. The music for my Interactive Routine "The Magic in You" is "floaty," dreamy, and hypnotic. For a more intriguing techno sound, my "Make it Magic Volume II" CD, the track "Illusionique" was specifically written for a levitation act.

Arthur Stead
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I just purchased the rights for Opus 1 CDs:

• Sounds of Sorcerer
  • Sounds of Sorcerer (Remastered)
  • Illusionique Special Edition
  • Revelation V2 (Disk 1)
  • Revelation V2 (Disk 1)

What can I say?

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Now My mind is going wild on how to use some of these tracks. It is the only Royality Free CDs I own that are "modern" or should I say some are Techno, some are Trance, the stereo is really great. Much of it is the stage magic and can relate to illusions.

Pretty much what is said on http://www.opus1productions.com website is true.

The hard part for me, a "musically challenged" individual, is applying these wonderful songs.

When Tommy comes out with his newest CD, he can count on me purchasing it. I like what I hear!
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for Levitation Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL