The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bottle in bottle by Ron Jaxon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Does anyone have this? It looks pretty cool!- http://www.magicjax.com/bottle.html
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Just bought it. I'll have to let you know. Anything from Jax is worth ten bucks.

John
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks John.

I'm not going to push my product or anything. I'll let others say what they think.

I will tell you this though. Most of the people who pick this up tell me they mostly like to just put it on a shelf as an impossible object such as a ship in a bottle. A sort of conversation piece. It can be a pretty strong effect when presented right though.

For those who have it let me share how I've been presenting it lately and this make the handling much easier. I've been presenting it as a bottle through table. The plot is that I'm going to hold one bottle under the table and one above under a napkin or paper bag. I tell them that I'm going to try and make them switch places. But the above bottle vanishes and appears inside the other bottle.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
sfmiraj
View Profile
New user
san fransicko, CA
45 Posts

Profile of sfmiraj
Its a very interesting and unique application, although I'm still developing my own routine. In the bar setting it's very appropriate.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Ron, how examinable is it once your done?
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Unfortunately it's not really examinable after the bottle goes in the bottle. However there are some subtle convincers that everything is real. They hear the bottle rattling in the other bottle and you can hold it an inch from their eyes and they won't see anything other then a bottle in a bottle. There are no extra holes in the other bottle of anything for them to find.

Having said all that. I've had people come over to my house. Pick it up off the shelf for a better look. Then ask, "How the heck did you get that in there". IF they looked at it long enough they would figure it out. But that tells me that it could pass a casual examination. But I wouldn't recommend it.

I would love to find a way to make one that is examinable. In fact one guy told me he could make one for me but he hasn't made it yet. If he can do it I'd perform it like in this E-book then switch later and let them examine or (in real important shows) let them keep it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
It's a riot. Just to pay the 10 bucks to see how this is accomplished is worth it. Ron, you are the Einstein of magic!

I love this idea. You can't hand it out. I will be performing this onstage.

I would bring out the real bottles in the beginning of the show, drink from them. Then, bring them out later for the effect.

John
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 20:39, johncesta wrote:
I would bring out the real bottles in the beginning of the show, drink from them. Then, bring them out later for the effect.

This is a good !DEA. Thanks for sharing!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thank you Ron and everyone else for the help!
Rebecca Travis
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
110 Posts

Profile of Rebecca Travis
Sorry so I understand it can't be performed close-up? Ah what a pity :-(

Rebecca
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It can be performed close up. I perform it in the bar from time to time.

Ron Jaxon

Rebecca Travis
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
110 Posts

Profile of Rebecca Travis
Thanks Ron, but I mean, if you can't hand them out you can't perform the trick in real life close up - I mean, people would ask to see the bottle at the end of course?

Bye

Rebecca
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-12-02 05:29, Rebecca Travis wrote:
Thanks Ron, but I mean, if you can't hand them out you can't perform the trick in real life close up - I mean, people would ask to see the bottle at the end of course?

Bye

Rebecca

You've just got to manage those folks Rebecca. There are plenty of close-up tricks where you can't hand things out. That isn't the definition of close-up.

Audience and prop management is the key. Have fun.

If you don't want to hand things out just adjust the routine so that it ends when the "dirty" stuff is out of sight/reach.

Or just say, "Sorry, we've got to move on."

Or, "Hey, when you are the magician you can let everyone's grubby paws get all over your stuff."

Or, "Sorry, it's an antique." or something like that.

John
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I'm not saying this is a bad effect. I've bought a few of Jaxon's items and always found them to be well worth the money.

However, Rebecca is right. If you do this in a close-up situation and the audience can't examine the bottle in bottle at the end, they may see it as "clever" but I doubt they'll see it as "magical." To imply that the audience will be satisfied if you just usher them on to the next effect is, at least in my experience, not the case. If they're truly amazed by the effect they really want to have that reinforced by being able to examine the impossible object.

Again, I'm not complaining. For 10 dollars you're not going to get a fully examinable "bottle into bottle" effect, of course.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
John has the right idea. It all depends on how you present it. A good way to present this is to let the spectators notice the bottle in the bottle. For example the bottle has vanished. You look around as if you don't know where it went. All the while you are holding the larger bottle in your hand out in the open. Sometime they don't even notice it's in there right away. BUt once they do they point it out to you. Act amazed yourself.

Here's another possible option but I admit I've never done this myself. After the effect is over. Put the bottle (containing a bottle) in a bag. Pull out a hammer and break the outer bottle. Then dump the content out and they'll find a broken bottle and a smaller unbroken "real" bottle. I would accomplish this with a bag switch as I obtain my hammer from my case. Like I said, I've never done this but I will sometime. If anyone else does please let us know how it went. I'll do the same.

I would love to have a real bottle inside a real bottle that could be given away. I agree that this would be very cool.

The basic point I'd like to make is that even tricks that have limitations can be worked out. Even for close up.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bottle in bottle by Ron Jaxon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL