The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Starting a Memphis Assembly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
OK, fellow magicians. The time has come, I'm about to see if I can get a Memphis Assembly going. I need 10 magicians. I'll probably be able to scare them up myself pretty easily, but I'm new to the area.

If any of you are interested just pm me... the more the merrier

Oh yeah, I'm also an IBM member and intend to be attending their next meeting and joining there ring. It looks like a very good one.

Rik
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Rik,

If you were at the last IBM Ring 16 meeting...sorry I missed ya! We keep promising to meet up somewhere...so, let's do it. I was in your "neck o'the woods" Monday, matter of fact.

I'm an SAM member, as well as the TVP for Mississippi for the IBM, and I'd love to help start up an SAM assembly, either in Memphis or for Mississippi!

Steve
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Rik,

You might contact Richard Blowers ( administrator@magicsam.com ). He is the National Administrator for SAM and can help.

He will be able to send you the applications needed as well as a list of names and numbers for SAM members in your area to get you started in finding potential assembly members.

If he does not have them, he can point you in the right direction for the person who does.

Also don't forget to recruit the IBM members around there. Many people, including myself, belong to both.

Good luck with your group. Mark.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Rik,
Wish I had seen you at the November meeting!
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I was moving in and missed the date. I just closed on my house and you wouldn't believe the details. Couple that with family from this area that I haven't seen in decades and you can understand why my dance card has been just a tad full.

I am going to try very hard to make the December supper though.
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
I've been a member of SAM for years and our Assembly has been in active for years. I am making our Assembly #75 active again by finding new members. If your interested. See me for an application

We will be meeting
2nd Tuesday of each month at
The Vanishing Rabbit Magic Shop
2219 Centre Street N.W.
Calgary, Alberta Canada T2E2T4
Call Brent 403 230-0810 (President)
Magically yours,
Brent Smith
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
As a long-time SAM member, and a guy who lives not far from both Bill and Rik, I know I'll be joining 'em if an SAM assembly appears!

Steve
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Well Steve, with you we are about half way to having enough to start an assembly. I am going to talk with the mayor of Olive Branch to see if they will donate a room for meetings and if he will declare a particular date as 'Magician's Day'. Then we'll get the newspaper to cover the first meeting.

I'm working on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Starting a Memphis Assembly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL