The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Egg routine » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Hi Paul, GREAT to have you with us!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering, where do you get the egg for your egg routine?

Thank you,
Ichazod
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
I use to use the Weller Egg for the routine. I have not done it since all the Weller's are gone. I have not found a comprable egg yet for that paticular way of doing the trick. I wish someone would make one!
Kozy in Hawai'i
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
When someone finds a good one, let us all know!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
How's this one? From the Arlen Studio Bar Magic Series comes The Egg. Take an ordinary cocktail napkin wad it up into a ball then toss it into a bar glass.

Swirl the napkin around in the glass and watch as it slowly turns into an egg. Remove the egg and crack it into the glass to show it is real and use it in any frothy cocktail. Your spectators will be stunned and your tips will be stunning.

The Egg is far superior to latex eggs as it will not deteriorate or crack over time and always holds its shape. Our Polyurethane EGG is lifelike in every way and easily washed with soap and water. Use it for egg through table as well as many other egg effects. Includes special egg and instructions for the routines mentioned. Glass not included.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Howdy Pete,
Unfortunately I bought "The Egg" when it first came out, and was very dissatisfied.
the product I received was very flawed and not well made.
Larry
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
KOZAK?

:wavey:
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 18:30, Pete Biro wrote:

Swirl the napkin around in the glass and watch as it slowly turns into an egg. Remove the egg and crack it into the glass to show it is real and use it in any frothy cocktail. Your spectators will be stunned and your tips will be stunning...

...Includes special egg and instructions for the routines mentioned. Glass not included.

Pete,

Odd that when I performed the above routine at SEAM 2006 I had a magician ask me where he could get that Weller Glass! (My glass came from Dollar Tree!)

How do you cope with the high cost of magic? LOL

A good egg is very welcomed. Kozak is not the only one missing the Weller prop.

Scheme!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Is everybody to busy to make their own? Blow out an egg and put it in a container of vinegar. Vinegar will dissolve the shell in a few days or so leaving egg membrane. Rinse membrane off and keep it in a container of water til you need it. May not be a weller egg but better than nothing.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My experience is that the homemade one isn't even close to a Weller Egg. Duck eggs work better than chicken eggs but the Weller Egg killed them all. It's a keeper!

The homemade egg is OK for Egg on Fan and may even bounce better. Nothing travels like a Weller Egg either.

Kozak, you live in Arizona. Beg for more Weller Eggs, PLEASE!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
I did not like the new"EGG" for my purpose with the wine glass production. I have used the "Blown Egg" but found it to be inconsistant for the slow inflation I needed in the glass and it had a high level of maitenance.
Kozy in Hawai'i
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Paul,

You hit on another magic requirement of the egg. That is TIMING. When you work to music, you can continue swirling after the egg is shaped but you can't invent more music to buy swirling time when the egg fails to meet the production schedule.

Do you have a "quick and dirty" cure for running out of music before the effect is completed?

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Recently, I got to see John Carney perform and his handling of the egg trick was really beautiful. At one point, Mysto vanished an entire bowl of eggs. It really got gasps from the audience, I suspect a whole bowl of Wellers.
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
John Carney makes me Practice!
Kozy in Hawai'i
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Egg routine » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL