The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Blaine new stunt commercial (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
This made my day.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I'm really quite surprised that this is not getting much more interest from magicians. If the past Blaines posters have exaggerated the actual result ( chained in bubble... in reality he wore an air mask ) but if he really plans on hanging in a gyroscope as indicated in the ad ... that is an endurance test that I'd be interested in seeing. The christmas tie in is perfectly timed. No wonder New Yorkers eat this guy up.

What do I want for Christmas this year?????? Some of Blaines PR people.. LOL

Best,

Tim
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Great commercial, Target has spent their money wisely.
This sort of thing is nothing but good for the working magician.

Bob
reaper
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of reaper
On the target website, ther are three short excerpts. One "behind the scenes", etc. Look towards the bottom right of the page for the 2 Day Sale information. I can remeber several years ago that Copperfield had a tie in with Target. My friend worked for them at the time, and I was able to get one of his "flying" cardboard cutouts. I think I still have it in the gargae somewhere. Seems Target is very receptive to magicians in general.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
There are now more clips at http://target.com, including the actual escape.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Great PR move, but I had to laugh while watching the "escape" I wonder how he managed to escape from a device that he strapped himself in to?!?! Smile Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-11-24 10:22, Marvello wrote:
Great PR move, but I had to laugh while watching the "escape" I wonder how he managed to escape from a device that he strapped himself in to?!?! Smile Smile

I'd have to agree. I also expected him to escape while the thing was spinning. The crash landing at the end was interesting however. PR stunt it was....but it was still a positive thing for the holidays...100 kids have a new hero. Eddies video was my favorite part!

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Blaine new stunt commercial (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL