The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Dynamo/Electric chair act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Ok I know nothing about this act at all, and read a couple of the tiny references on the web, but where do you find the real info on this act. Some references say its potentialy deadly. Is there any printed information on this?

(I was not interested in doing this, this but more 'the effect itself' and the dangers of working around it if used for different purposes, proper insulation, etc)
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I don't know if anyone here would be willing to give you info since it is a trade secret.

But, maybe that's just me...so I'll allow one of the "elders" to address this.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have that "secret" and gear already. I was hoping to get some technical input before I destroy an expensive fluke meter. Also real world input on the bulb/torch thing.

I don't have an issue with explaining further via PM, but don't want to give the idea away here. Its not a traditional use.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Used the Taurus Electric Box for fifteen years or so,,,,constant use resulted in headaches now and again.
The unit was put on and off by a foot switch so under my control even when lit up.
Only time I had a kick back was when forgetting to turn it off before getting off the box.
Also when several tubes are lit (Being held by a specky or more in a row)You have to keep the fingers away from the metal connection points.

Doing the lighting an apple with the tongue bit,,,,constant performance can burn the tip of the tongue.

Handing a coin on a tin plate to a specky while powered up not only gave them a shock but sometimes me as well.

I found that by putting the unit on a three foot square rubber mat helped to keep more power in the direct area around the body so giving out a stronger light.

I have used this on the front outside at night,,,,but do not reccomend this,,,the damp night air makes things dodgy!

Their are body packs which power output HF power through a sword or wand, I have not used these so will not comment.

Ken
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
Ken

Was this the reason why all your hair disappeared?!!?
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
No,,,,I was told that "That`s the way to do it!"

In joke!

Ken
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Ken, your 220 volts runs on a diff setup than the American 110, this includes amperage, hertz and resistance differences. All my electronics were worthless when I was in Amsterdam last week. But when you're THERE, it doesn't seem to bother.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Nipps, the box has a battery alternative but I have always worked it off the mains 240 volts.
Bet you had a great time in Holland,,,,,,do any window shopping, hahaha.

Ken
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Heh heh... I can look just not touch. Did more coffee drinking
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
This will kill your Fluke Meter!!! I had to replace a Co-workers after I fried his...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

You know, now that this thread is back up, I just noticed something out of whack. The original poster said this:

"I was not interested in doing this, this but more 'the effect itself' "

Then why ask at all? Then he says:

"I have that "secret" and gear already."

Well, if you aren't interested in DOING the act, then why invest money time and effort into getting the gear and the "secret" (what the hell is he talking about?). Sounds kinda stupid if you ask me.

Oh, Kondini SHAVES his head.... the dynamo act he did removed his OTHER hairs.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I have the required "item" and I have some excellent stuff written on the act by a guy named Todd something-or-other R....I also have Brills plans and some other info, but I am looking to build a great chair. Any tips and routining tips that anyone is willing to share via PM would be most helpful--unless they are sending me wrong info, in which case I just want to say in advance, that it isn't very nice to kill people. I have two small children.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Good thing that you had the children first.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Dynamo/Electric chair act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL