The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel hires Jay Sankey for MindFreak season 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
VisualRiddles
View Profile
New user
Clarion, Pennsylvania
41 Posts

Profile of VisualRiddles
Maybe we will see Sankey in a special appearance, in the desert surrounded by Criss and his freaks, like her has, sometimes, before commercial break.

That would be funny to see......I think;)
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-12-03 15:25, Joey Stalin wrote:
Et tu, Sankey!?

...And you wouldn't take a paycheck and get your illusions and ideas on national television just because of your personal feelings toward Criss Angel, (however right or wrong you may be)? I could be wrong, and you may protest, but I think you'd most likely jump on the opportunity.

I think it's a good business choice for Jay. Not only does he get his work out there on national television...not only does he get paid...but he gets to put that on his resume; which will allow him to bring in more money as a consultant, speaker or performer in the future. In the long run, I think it will be more beneficial for Jay than it will be for Criss.

On a side note, this is not the first time Jay has developed and/or consulted for another magician for their television show. I could be wrong about which show it was, but I know that Jay was involved in one of the David Copperfield specials. If I remember correctly, it was the Orient Express show. Doug Henning also designed some stuff for Copperfield. Nothing wrong with helping another professional magician. They get exposure and popularity, which means the art of magic gains exposure, (not the bad kind), and popularity and then we all benefit from that in some form or another.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Danny,
How about the world . . . of magic?
Cards never lie
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Far better phrase.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 00:25, Bendy wrote:
Doug Henning also designed some stuff for Copperfield.

I know that Doug sold some of his existing illusions to Copperfield, but what did he design for him?
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
He acted as consultant on some of the specials, right? Not sure he designed anything, though. (Maybe I'm wrong). Just re-watched the DC Escape From Alcatraz special yesterday, and noticed Lance Burton credited for collaboration too. Consultancy shows a love for magic, and breaks down competitive feelings. The winner is the audience. And both magicians involved. That is, of course, if it is successful consultancy.

Cheers,

Chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay no longer is a consultant to Criss Angel. Jay's choice.

Here's Jay with the funniest Criss Angel impression I've seen yet ( and how acurate it is also )

Scroll down to Craigg Angelo: TV Magician and laugh your head off.

http://www.sankeymagic.com/comedyvideos.aspx
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow, Jay quit. Unreal. I am heading to Vegas in a few weeks and thought I would stop by the Luxor to see him:)
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
It ended a while ago... last year I think, for reasons that Jay only refers to as "creative differences" between him and Criss. I think I asked him at his lecture last year but cannot remember exactly how I found out.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Anyone else find Criss Angel's work to be a bit... not magician like? Christ, I haven't posted in this forum in years so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to describing this but here it goes.

Tricks such as... I'm going to stand on this pole for an obnoxious amount of time. Or how about the, I'm in a building that's going to explode in "x" amount of time, will I escape? Or even the, I'm going to inject myself with slow acting poison, then strap myself to an atomic bomb, that is hovering over an active volcano, and obviously must find a way to escape, get the antidote from my ex-wife who previously caught me sleeping with her sister, has developed a drinking problem, and probably won't be too pleased to see me. True story. I think Criss may have done it. Look it up. Search word is 'gullible'. Smile

Yes I've been drinking.

In any case, these death defying stunts, are just that. They are stunts. If you're going to be a magician, be a magician. They aren't doing anything wrong per say, just not the way I would do it. I remember when Criss did the "matrix" trick out on an open field. Or didn't he do the walking on water thing? Maybe I'm wrong. Criss I thought was going to be different from Blaine. Apparently I'm wrong.

I remember when I bought that DVD though of his levitation. After spending a fortune on all that crap, I decided I really enjoyed card tricks.

I promise I won't post on the forums again while drinking.
SMU Class of 2010
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2008-08-15 06:02, STANGMMX wrote:
Anyone else find Criss Angel's work to be a bit... not magician like? Christ, I haven't posted in this forum in years so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to describing this but here it goes.

Tricks such as... I'm going to stand on this pole for an obnoxious amount of time. Or how about the, I'm in a building that's going to explode in "x" amount of time, will I escape? Or even the, I'm going to inject myself with slow acting poison, then strap myself to an atomic bomb, that is hovering over an active volcano, and obviously must find a way to escape, get the antidote from my ex-wife who previously caught me sleeping with her sister, has developed a drinking problem, and probably won't be too pleased to see me. True story. I think Criss may have done it. Look it up. Search word is 'gullible'. Smile

Yes I've been drinking.

In any case, these death defying stunts, are just that. They are stunts. If you're going to be a magician, be a magician. They aren't doing anything wrong per say, just not the way I would do it. I remember when Criss did the "matrix" trick out on an open field. Or didn't he do the walking on water thing? Maybe I'm wrong. Criss I thought was going to be different from Blaine. Apparently I'm wrong.

I remember when I bought that DVD though of his levitation. After spending a fortune on all that crap, I decided I really enjoyed card tricks.

I promise I won't post on the forums again while drinking.

Yeah, dude, this is almost as bad as drunk texting.

For one thing, it was Blaine that stood on the 'pole' not Criss Angel.

While I'm not a fan of Angel, I'm going to defend him (just this once) and Blaine as well. What's wrong with doing death defying stunts and escapes? Didn't the great Houdini do the same thing? While it may not be the work of a 'magician', escape artists have been a part of the magic scene for a long time. I personally have no problem with this, but maybe the rest of the Café doesn't share my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel hires Jay Sankey for MindFreak season 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL