The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Getting the Itch Again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Good Morning ... My name is Jack Gottlob. I've been out of magic for about 20 years (after moving east from Pittsburgh), and got the itch to get back into it again .... this time as a hobby. I've done everything from the school circuit to banquets, shopping mall shows, trade shows, conventions and on and on. It was fun and kept the family eating. One of the best thing about it is that I got to work with some pretty neat and interesting people. I don't see their names around any more. I still wear the heavy gold magicians ring that I bought from Paul Diamond at the Pittsburgh IBM convention, probably in the late 50's early 60's. I think that I paid about $25 for it then. Thanks for the space ...........
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Welcome Jack!!!

Scratch that itch!!!!

Jim
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
Sounds like you should have too much of a hard time getting back into it. What are you ambitions as a hobbyist?

Kevin
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Hi Kevin: My ambitions now are to just learn the close up stuff that I was impressed with the first time I saw them, and to relearn some of the close up routines that I did years ago and still would enjoy doing. Right now I'm working on card warp, love the mini invisible deck which I've been doing, a marked card routine that I learned about 35 years ago from Al Stevenson, Red Sea Passover (if I can find my cards), and believe it or not, the one that goes over best of all, the sponge rabbits .... (thank you Dr. Jaks).
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Welcome to the Café Jack
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
mimagicman
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
17 Posts

Profile of mimagicman
Glad Miss Magic brought you back!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Welcome back Jack,

sure you will have fun
Cards never lie
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thanks for the welcomes .... so far, this is what I've done: I found all of my close up stuff .... 3 attache full of things that I have no idea what ever possessed me to buy, along wih some neat stuff that I forgot that I had. I went to work re-aquainting myself with Michael Close's card warp (still have to work out some kinks), and am going to follow that up with David Roth's coins across (one of the routines that I didn't remember I had), wild card ... if I can find my instructions,maybe McDonald's Aces or Red Sea Passover or Pot Hole after that. I've performed all of these in public in the past, and some I still remember so it's really a case of getting to re-know them again. All in all there are about a dozen that I knew and enjoyed doing.
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Getting the Itch Again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL