The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New "Just in Case" routine needed. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
I love the props in the "Just in Case" effect. I am looking for a new routine, however.

The routine that I do now, is to show the key in the change purse, get a shoelace out, ask spec for a ring, and while under silk alledgedly putting ring on shoelace, which actually becomes the key, and in the purse where the key was, is their ring. It is a powerful illusion, but I constantly feel that my presentation/patter is off.

Any ideas on how to patter, rather than basically saying "the key is on the string (which is obvious), and so it stands to reason that the ring is where the key was. I know that is so lame. I almost do not want to say anything and do it in a Blaine-like way, where you are basically saying "check this out" and letting the visual carry the effect, rather than using a patter.

I have thought about this a lot, but with this effect, I am hitting a wall and drawing blanks for some reason.

Thanks for any help. Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New "Just in Case" routine needed. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL