The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango flipper (euro): user opinions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
I know I could get a custom set made by the World's Finest Craftsmen, and maybe I will, but I could buy a Tango version almost immediately.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with Tango euro flippers? I was thinking of trying out the inexpensive 50 cent version first.

Thanks.
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
Okay, I guess no answer is a sort of answer on its own...
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
I have just got mine today.
Dare 2 believe in magic
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
And what do you think?
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
I received a 50 cent Tango flipper this morning. I have no other flipper coin to compare, but here are my observations:

The cut is virtually invisible. However, one face is old and worn, the other is clean and shiny, so it's instantly identifiable as an odd coin.

The gaff is impossible to flip open.

The instruction leaflet refers to extra bands included with it, but there were none.

I'm just glad I didn't invest in the more expensive 2 euro flipper. I'll keep this one, but maybe I'll just use it as a novelty snuffbox.

Next stop: Roy Kueppers (for euros) and Jamie Schoolcraft, I expect.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I have a Tango 50 cent flipper and like it. The front and back matched and it came with replacement rubberbands. It was a little stiff to start out so I put it in the plastic sleave opened and the band loosened up. I broke the rubberband today so I'll let you know if there's problems replacing it.
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
Hi tpax, I see you've been luckier than me, then. I wouldn't have minded so much if the two coin faces had been of the same age and set in the same direction!
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Where did you buy the coin from? Did you try returning/exchanging it? I would think a reputable dealer would exchange it.
Did you try some silver polish? That might be easier then returning it. You can get rubber bands from your dentist - see the Johnson Flipper thread. When you change the band yuo can reset the directions to match.
I bought mine at a convention and was able to check it out prior to purchasing. I did get a Tango shell from the net and it matched my flipper. It was well made also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango flipper (euro): user opinions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL