The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kreskin, a Piano and Loretta Swit... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Kreskin's presentation of the original Keey R Rect was brilliant. He must have bought two locks, because he had 11 keys. William Shatner was his guest on the show.

He took a bicycle chain and ran it through Shatner's coat sleeves, then Shatner put on his coat and Kreskin locked him in. Kreskin then went outside and called the theatre from the pay phone out front. He then had 11 spectators select keys from the bowl that he had dropped the keys into and mixed. Each spectator was instructed to put his/her key into a small envelope. Then they exchanged keys with one another at random. Finally, all but one of them put their envelopes into a larger envelope, which had postage on it. It was sealed and mailed to Kreskin's home in Pennsylvania.

Kreskin came back into the theatre at that point. He unlocked the lock with the remaining key. Shatner appeared to be genuinely impressed. Even though I recognized the trick, I was impressed with the presentation.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
The more I watch Kreskin's routine with Loretta Swit (the original topic of this thread, before it got slightly side-tracked)....although the presentation & routine is identical to the "Lazy Magician Card Trick" - there's one point that hasn't been mentioned.

That might not have been the method that Kreskin utilized.

After Loretta cuts the face-up deck twice, she's asked to turn the deck face down, and turn over the TOP CARD: it's hers!

There is NO patter of "the card is rising up through the deck..it's 42nd from top, now 34th, and so on" . It's the TOP card. Period.

Now I realize that:
1. This could have just been a very lucky day for Kreskin (I.e. The selected card was cut to the top of the deck).
2. Or, there might have been multiple failures, and only this successful attempt aired.

Furthermore, while experimenting at home, the exact outcome of the trick on the Kreskin DVD can SOMETIMES be brought about by a single "magic card" on the bottom of the deck (and NOT by using a stack or a back-of-cards, as in the usual "Lazy Magician" method).

Any other thoughts on the Kreskin-Piano-Loretta Swit routine? Do you think it was simply the standard "Lazy magician" card trick?
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Addendum:

My error. As per the above FIRST post, Kreskin does use the PATTER of "your card is rising up through the deck"....but the selected card does not end up being at a certain number in the deck....instead, it turns out to be the TOP CARD of the face-down deck.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Hopefully, you can SEE the clip HERE:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/154373

if not, do a video search for "Kreskin & Loretta Swit"
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I know this is a very old thread but can anyone please identify the song Kreskin is playing on the piano? It's quite lovely.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvmAMyy30U

Here is the video.

As pointed out before, though, after she cuts the cards face up, she does NOT cut them again once they are face down.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, PaulPacific wrote:
I know this is a very old thread but can anyone please identify the song Kreskin is playing on the piano? It's quite lovely.

The song title is "Feelings"
Recorded and made a hit in 1975 by Brazilian singer Morris Albert
From Wikipedia: "Feelings" is a song with lyrics written by Brazilian singer Morris Albert, set to the tune of "Pour Toi" separately composed by Louis “Loulou” Gasté in 1957. Albert recorded "Feelings" as a single and later included it as the title track of his 1975 debut album. The song's lyrics, recognizable by their "whoa whoa whoa" chorus, concern the singer's inability to "forget my feelings of love". Albert's original recording of the song was very successful, performing well internationally. In mid-1975, "Feelings" peaked at number 6
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
That Kreskin sure can tickle the ivories! Very nice and mysterious presentation.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Thanks very much Keith.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kreskin, a Piano and Loretta Swit... (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL