The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Easy magic notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi everyone. I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has picked up a set of my notes this year. I also appreciate everyone who took time out of their day to write a review of the material, that means a lot to me!!

I'll be revamping my site soon, removing some materials, and adding others. My latest project is called "Easy Magic" (pretty inovative title I thought). It's all "pro" quality magic, but ultra-simple stuff that just about anyone can do. The release date is Tuesday. But I'm not here to hype it... just wanted to offer a download link so that anyone interested can check out the intro and table of contents. As always, I'll be including a brief video with the notes.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check out the material.

Thanks again!
Michael Paul

http://www.michaelpaulmagic.com/ezmintro.pdf
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I have just purchased this and had a look through and this is another great release from Michael Paul. I especially love Fed Exed and will be using that for sure. I will give a proper review once ive had a proper, long read through and try out some of the effects.
So far its looking good and I'm happy with my purchase.
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
I have to agree about Fed Ex. Also, the pea can item can be fun under the right circumstances. The notes are definitely worth the $$$.

Don B
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I thought these weren't available till Tuesday. You can buy them now?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I tried Fed Exed this morning and it got great reactions. For me this one effect is worth the price of the notes easily.
I'll be giving the others a try through out the day and will then write up a review hopefully tonight, but it might be tomorrow morning.
Thanks.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks for the nice comments guys. The notes where made available over the weekend to the people on my mailing list. If anyone would like to grab a copy before they "officially" go up onto my page (http://michaelpaulmagic.com/instantdownloads.htm)
you can purchase them here:

http://payloadz.com/go/sip?id=259360

Fed Exed is a great visual effect, and the pea can idea is my favorite in the notes. The chi power demontration will be on my upcoming DVD- I can't say a whole lot about that here (or now), but it should be out in Jan, and you will here about it.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
More Michael paul magic ?yay!
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Anyone want to review this? I would love to hear what everyone thinks about these notes.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
As would I. They will be on my page Friday.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I will def be posting my review today. I was going to post a review the day after getting them, but wanted to try them all out before reviewing. I have just one more to perform and then I can post my thoughts.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Easy Magic Notes

Format: PDF

To start with id just like to say that these notes are well written and easy to understand. They go into great detail on each effect and nothing has been left out.
These notes were designed to give you some effects that are easy to do, but hit really hard, and that's exactly what they do. This def delivers, and is up there with Simply Devestating and Show No Mercy.

Effects: (DESCRIPTIONS TAKEN FROM NOTES)

MightyPen - A borrowed bill is autographed, only to re-appear inside of the pen used to sign it. A real world, bill to impossible location with several subtleties designed to melt your audience. So easy to do, this may very well become your favourite bill effect.

This is a great effect which is incredibly easy to do, but the specs don't see it coming. The only problem some may find is the bill will end up altered at the end, but this isn't a problem for me, and its so effective that its worth it (of course me being from the UK means that the amount is more than for those in the US etc as we don't have bills for 1s).
I really enjoyed performing this as you can really concentrate on the performance, and your free to put your all into the moment of wonder.

Fed Exed - Magically mail a playing card box and selected card through a window, into another room, or any other place you can think of! A stunning card (and card box) to impossible location, without stunning difficulty.

This is my favourite effect in the notes, and I feel is worth the price of the notes on its own (to me). Honestly, this is a great effect and it absolutely kills. The card case literally just vanishes, and is found anywhere you want, with the specs selected card inside.

Color Changing Sharpies - Magical mayhem ennsues as a sharpie marker changes colors over and over each time a spectator is asked to sign a selection. Not a stand alone piece of magic, but an awesome touch to work into your favorite card routine.

This is a fun little piece to throw into any routine that requires something to be signed eg, a card in an ambitious card routine. Its not mind blowing or anything, and is another extremely easy effect to pull off, but it does work, and work well. Something a bit fun to add to any routine.

Mr CIA - Go "meet th parents" on your audience, turning yourself into a human lie detector. No set ups or memory work, just simple easy magic.

This is another incredibly easy effect, and one that uses a principle that will be well known to probably quite a lot of you (though I had never actually come across it before), but don't dimiss it because of that as it is definitely effective. You devine a previously selected card by asking a series of related/unrelated questions (you can play around with this bit if you like) and then write a prediction down. The prediction is revealed to be correct. This is a nice little anytime anywhere effect (as long as you have a deck).

Pea Can Time Machine - Turn an unassuming pea can (not the nut kind!) into a comedy time machine, or a scary, bizarre magic theatre mystery. Get readynfor a trip outside of the box.

I could not try this effect out properly as 1, I don't have a pea can and 2, I couldn't find a beetle. I tried to improvise by gimmicking a match box and using a dead flower, and bringing it back to its former beauty, but it wouldn't have had the same effect as resurrecting a creature. I only tried this out on my mum, and it still went over well, but id imagine if you were using the proper props and the beetle, the effect would be much claner and stronger. So for now I can't really comment on this.

Chi Power Demonstration - You'll learn how easy it is to make people actually FEEL your magic "energy". A strange bit of suggestion, with no complicated work involved. A very cool, interactive addition to any act...
stand up or close up.

This is a way to have the spec actually feel the magical energy during an effect eg if you make a card change in there hand, you could make them feel the magic.
For me, sometimes this worked and others it didn't, but when it did it was great as the spec would start to really get into it and react. And when it didn't, well no one was the wiser and I just carried on with the effect.

Overall these notes are excellent and for me were a great buy. If you liked Michael Pauls other work, then you will enjoy this to. Ive got a couple of incredible effects from this, aswell as some easy, but effective things for every now and then.
There is a welcome return of the Adding Impact, Why and When sections for each effect, and I love reading these and find them interesting and helpful. So you can all tell what I think of this from all the above, and I think many of you will like this to.
Hope you enjoyed the review.
Thanks.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
That's a great review, thank you. I'm glad you like the material. It really is all worker stuff.

I'm looking forward to others stepping up to review as well. As always, if there are any questions I can answer for you, please drop me a pm.

Thanks again,
Mike
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
First of all I would like to say I have been more than happy with all of Michael's
notes that I have purchased. Easy magic is no exception, it is powerful, direct & easy so you can concentrate on your performance. I am only going to review the first 2 effects on the notes, as these are the highlites of the notes. there are of course more effects on the notes worthy of your consideration.

Effects: (MightyPen - A borrowed bill is autographed, only to re-appear inside of the pen used to sign it. A real world, bill to impossible location with several subtleties designed to melt your audience. So easy to do, this may very well become your favourite bill effect.
This is worth the price of the notes, not ground breaking but with all Michael's stuff he adds a few convincers and subtlties to this that I would have never thought of... Excellent!

Fed Exed - Magically mail a playing card box and selected card through a window, into another room, or any other place you can think of! A stunning card (and card box) to impossible location, without stunning difficulty.
I thought the first effect was worth the price of the notes... this one is worth three times the price of the notes and could have easily been marketed by itself.
again this is such a visual and stunning piece of magic, I was amazed that it was included in the notes. the best effect in the notes! I love this one.
I am going to stop there, as I have only worked with the first two effects, but I think you will agree if you pick this up, just these two effects make this set of notes something special. Highly recommended!
Tony Chapparo
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks a million Tony
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I see link to buy the notes. But where is your product page, Michael. For some reaon, I can't find it on your site. It's probably staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Sorry Cameron, I don't have the product page linked on my homesite, as the homepage is for laypeople. the link however is http://michaelpaulmagic.com/instantdownloads.htm
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, Michael.
usg353d
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of usg353d
Thanks for the link.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Easy magic notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL