The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Test Of strength (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
On New Years Eve I will be performing close up for a bunch of UFC fighters who are having a party. I had the idea, since I have just under a month to prepare, to add a few tricks involving strength to my work. Everyone has seen Criss Angel take the strength from someone so they cant pick him up or push him over, or Derren Brown do something similar. Does anyone know where I can find information on such tricks or anything related to strength type test? Thanks.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh lord
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
O lord?
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Derren Brown did perform this on his television show, but I doubt you will be able to replicate this by New Year's. Best stick with tricks that are easily buyable, such as ripping a deck of cards in half. Still strengthy, and I bet your buddies can't do it.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
There are a number of tricks in my book 'Body Tricks', which I recommend! There are a few on the DVD as well, but there are more in the book.

I recommend the group levitation and tricks self-working. Many strength tricks still require you to be stronger than one normal person, since it involves distributing weight in different ways.
If you going to be using these tricks against well-trained ufc fighters, you don't stand a chance!!!

I don't know how big you are, but the chance of them working is slim. Derren Brown tried 'unliftable' on his TV special to a bunch of boxers. It went wrong because the boxer was so strong, the weakening technique barely made an impact. He said it made him weaker, but he was still strong enough to lift the girl.

Try getting some nails made of lead, which can bend easily. Have some real steel nails that look identical and mix them together. Give a few normal nails out to examine, then switch the nail and bend it with your hands, before switching it back and handing it out. (I do this trick with children in my superhero show). Then there is spoon bending etc.

steve
http://www.magicmystery.co.uk/bodytricks.htm
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glad this was brought up for it was the reason for my Oh Lord comment.

The things mentioned will work against AVERAGE people. The UFC guys have 2 things that completly will kill the idea of most of these stunts. One they are far stronger than average. Secondly and perhaps more importantly they are competetive by nature. They hate to lose. They will themselvs to win. Not smart to challenge this instinct as they make you look bad.

They are also quite macho a bunch. None of this goes well some of the effects
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
HAHA thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm a large kid, but I don’t think I’m stronger than they are. I've done bodybuilding and everything else for a while, but I don’t think I can beat those guys. I like the deck ripping idea, that’s nice, A friend of mine showed me a phone book tear too, maybe use that. Thanks guys, if you have anymore ideas, please contact me.
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
I do a phone book tear not really related to magic at all. But it makes more sense to tear an old phone book in half than to rip your cards in half. How ya gonna do any magic after that? I guess you could restore the deck?!
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
How about a tear/no tear tablet?
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I understand that Magicjg was looking for this for New Year's against UFC fighters, but I'm looking for it as well, to use on normal people. I believe I heard about a book it was in before but can't remember the name, if anyone would point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

P.S. I have a clue it might be in John Fisher's book Body Magic, but since it's so rare and expensive I was lookin for this effect (two people not being able to lift me up) somewhere cheaper and more available.
Thanks,
bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Its in body tricks. Its available to download here: http://www.magicmystery.co.uk/bodytricks.htm
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Thanks Y2John, that was exactly what I was looking for.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Test Of strength (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL