The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » All American Escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I am working on an idea right now that is based on real life escapes attempted in in America. I wonder if anyone can think of any that might be useful. They need to be real life (I.E., not performed by an EA). So Prison breaks, escapes from officers and bounty hunters, criminals freeing themselves from cuffs, hostages escaping their capters, or anything else at all where someone escaped from a real situation.

They need to have either happend in America, or been performied by an American.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Billy the kid - handcuff escape is the obvious one that comes to mind.

There is also the old story of the hi-jacked airplane (I think it was in the 70's or 80's) they made a movie about it. The passengers overpowered the hi-jackers and hanged them in the plane.

Richard Feynman (read the book "surely you're joking mr. feynman") although he was a nobel prize winning physist, used to open safes using science skills instead of keys, combinations, or magic.

Good luck with your effect.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Why not the famous Escape from Alcatraz? Well, we assume that it was a successful escape. Did they ever find positive proof that the guys actually escaped and survived? I heard that at least one of the guys was "spotted in the area" of searching, but no one was ever found/recaptured or anything definitive about a successful escape.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Remember my post "real life escapes" ... ?

No one replied...
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Does it need to be an escape from a thrid party or can it be escaping from certain death?
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Not exactly an escape, but it's hard to find a more colorful American mystery than the case of D.B. Cooper:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_min......dex.html

Yours,

Paul
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
More on D.B. Cooper:

James Johnson, one of the "copycats," who might actually have been "D.B. Cooper," escaped from jail after a similar hijacking and was shot dead by law enforcement officers in November 1974.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_min......r/9.html

Yours,

Paul
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Al Capone was alledged to have tied men to chairs with barbed wire and ebat them with base ball bats then they were left to die. Could make a fun story.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 21:16, Scott Xavier wrote:
Al Capone was alledged to have tied men to chairs with barbed wire and ebat them with base ball bats then they were left to die. Could make a fun story.

That is interesting. I never heard mention of this. I own the knife, purchased from Gallucio's grandson, and the hairclippers because they never went to the barbershop in N.Y.C. and Frank (Vito) Nitti's prison cards along with a few other items. I would have to say that if you heard something like this it is probably true, based on other stories that came up in journals and diaries. It was a pretty tough crowd.

That would have been a gig that broke a sweat before you ever reached the mic.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » All American Escapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL