The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Try this... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok so I'm guessing you are familier with the pinch and push method, (back pocket) in which you pinch then push up, self explanatory really, but what if you don't pinch? just rest your thumb on the back of the wallet (on the outside of the pocket)then push up? give it a try see what you think.

I'm only suggesting this because when I try to do a back pocket steal people seem to feelthe pinch, as normally they are wearing jeans those who I practise on.

feel free to add suggestions to over come this problem
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Well, the pinch and push method was designed for dress pants, not jeans.

If you pinch jeans, since most wear jeans that almost vaccum to wallet to the pants, its pretty hard to get the wallet out. (Not saying imposible, just some techniques described by pros aren't for jeans, more for dress pants.)
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok, thanks, so what do you recomend to get a wallet out of a jeans back pocket?
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I grab the belt and pull up saying, "Nice belt. Aligator skin?" My left fingers hold the buckle while my right fingers holding the back of the belt, do the dirty work taking wallet from the back pocket.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
That's in theatrical pickpocketing isn't it?
the people I will be attempting it on will be in college (like me) so I don't think that would go down to well.
I think I might just go with the good old reach in and pull out, simple, but lots of misdirection, whic h whay do you find the best, finger and thumb down the sides or middle and index go in and either of the fingers pushes the pocket towards you and then slide in the gap made?
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
NO offense Joker 55, but these questions you are asking is something that I've put effort into figuring out what works well with me, same as Chris here, and I'm sure the same thing can be said about James Freedman, Bob Arno, Gene Turner.... heck Apollo is next to impossible to get info like that out of him.

I think this is something you will have to work on your own, and with some of your magician friends.

Mainly because my hands will be different from yours. If I use two fingers, it may not work for you, because your hands are different.

Start that practising, you'll see what works for you.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
I am trying it, but as I am relatively new to this, I was just after a little more help, I don't know anyone who is into pickpocketing so you people are the only ones I can ask,
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Joker I'm also in college and and do pick pocketing all the time. I'd say go for the front pocket they are much easier and people are more impressed when you take things out of their front pocket even though its easier. but for the backpocket this is what I do:

during a routine I'll stand on the side of them..left hand on their front waiste around the front belt area and right hand on the outside back pocket. (lightly)

I ask them to take a step forward..immeditely I push up using middle and ring finger so the wallet pops up at least half an inch. I then clip it with my thumb and pointer. at the same time I'm moving them forward..sort of guiding them while theyre taking the step up. also my hands move up..left hand to stomache and right hand to the back. at the same time. this is all one motion as they take that step. its very quick and takes practice.

it takes a lot of misdirection and you have to naturally be a touchy-feely kinda guy to get away with it easily.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Thanks for the info TKE, sounds good, but you say you push up wit h the middle and ring fingers, is this on jeans? just that I always find it seems to catch on the top of the pocket when poping out,
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Joker it depends on the wallet and how loosely the jeans fit. if its a tight fit I sometimes use my left hand to push up (on the jeans)and pinch with my right hand lifting up. Its pretty hard to explain in words. Its something you have to play with and develop your own method for I guess
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok, its just that I find it hard to practise, obviously this is a sensative area,
I will keep trying though, thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Try this... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL