The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Music in Rudy Cobys specials. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I've been wondering for a long time about what music Rudy Coby used in his specials, I know of Peter Gunn theme, but not a whole lot of other ones. I'd say songs like "Wake up puppet doll" etc are specially made for the show, but how about the others?

I guess this can only be responded by someone seeing the shows, but any input?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
I believe the guy that created the music for Rudy Coby was Mark Mothersbaugh who was one of the main guys in the late 1970's / early 1980's band called Devo.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Rudy said at one of his lectures at the PPW in Hollywood, in January 1997 (I think that was the one I saw him at), that he wrote quite a bit of his own music from his tv specials. He either wrote it, or co-wrote it.

He commented that the great part, was that he got royalty cheques in the mail for his music, whenever the show aired or re-aired. As well as getting any sort of royalties for the tv special itself.

At least that's what I recall him saying to us.

The man is incredible!

- Donald

P.S. I'll have to listen to my tapes of the lecture some time, to verify this.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Music in Rudy Cobys specials. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL