The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Smokin Aces and other work... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Hey Paul hows it going? I have been really excited about the new movie "Smokin Aces" for a while now. I got even more excited when heard you were a consultant for it. I was just curious if you had any cool stories from working on this movie? What was it like to work with Jeremy Piven and all those other stars from the movie? Also have you seen the final edit of the movie? What did you think?
I would love to hear what you thought. Thanks.

Matt
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hi Matt - Jeremy was a great student. He worked really hard to learn the moves and adapt them to his character. I think he did an excellent job.

We filmed some extras for the DVD at the Castle. I was working tha parlour and at the end of the show I told the audience that a legendary Vegas magician was in the crowd - Buddy Israel (Jeremy's character). Buddy got up and blew them away with a quick trick. Great moment.

Have not seen a final cut but apparently my scene didn't make it. I'm slightly relieved - I played a washed up, lousy lounge magician with terrible hair, clothes and act. Wasn't a big stretch, as it turns out...

P
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2006-12-16 16:30, R P Wilson wrote:
Have not seen a final cut but apparently my scene didn't make it. I'm slightly relieved - I played a washed up, lousy lounge magician with terrible hair, clothes and act. Wasn't a big stretch, as it turns out...

P

Oh come on. Your hair isn't that bad.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Actually the hair was a wig, sooooo...
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Did you get to keep it? You could always do card to wig. Marlo probably had a bunch of variations in M.I.N.T. (Marlo In Nasty Toupees).
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Quote:
On 2006-12-16 16:30, R P Wilson wrote:

P

You're far from 'washed-up'(evidenced by the fact that you keep consulting on movies). Also, I liked your out-fit from The Restaurant Act, I liked the act as well (and still use a lot of things from it).

On a side note: I wanted to thank you for your excellent explanation of the "tilt move' in The Restaurant Act. It was the first time that the move was explained to me in a concise and clear manner.
I might as well thank you for the entire video. Frankly, I don't think I would have lasted long in the restaurant business without it (been in it for 2 years now). Thanks.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Smokin Aces and other work... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL