The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ellusionist Deck Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
I'm not sure if this is the right place - but I can't find anywhere more fitting. If there is somewhere else, please move it! I've also searched, but can find nothing on this topic. If there is, sorry!

Of the majority of decks that Ellusionist create - Master's Edition, Black Deck Tigers, Ghost Deck, etc. - there is a rather annoying trait to them.

They contain the Ellusionist website. Suppose a laymen was just looking the box over, nicked it for a second, or just happened to see it... They'd immediately go home and check out the website - and discover the names of tricks, the fact that they're gimmicked, and possibly continue to discover how they are done.

How does everyone cope with this problem? I've literally scraped the website off the box...but that's FAR from ideal.

- Smiffy.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I think you need to have a drink and relax a bit. You are making a huge Everest size mountain out of a non-issue.
What would Wavy do?
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
I guess it's more something that gets to me, but shouldn't... I suppose I am slightly over-reacting. But someone found it the other day, and I had to persuade them to keep quiet - I was lucky that they agreed.
George 
View Profile
Regular user
New York
133 Posts

Profile of George 
Smiffy,

I think that the magician making a big deal of it makes it come across as something very important. If they bring it up, I'm sure that a simple, "They sell poker stuff, and I get free shipping," will settle their minds.

Or avoid the situation altogether...put their cards in standard boxes.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Ah, magician's guilt raises its ugly head.

A similar panic flared up on this site for a few days when DV was released. It will only be something to worry about if you make it so.

If it's that big a concern, why not use a black sharpie marker to eradicate the web address? I wasn't even aware it was there till I saw this topic.

See ya!
Joe L.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Why would your spectators even look at the deck box? I've never had that happen. All they ever wanted to see was the deck, my sleeves, pockets, shoes...
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
You could just put the cards in a different box, like a Bicycle box, etc.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Paste a cute sticker on it with your own website.
Cards never lie
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
It's never been a real problem for me, having their website on the Ghosts and Tigers. Probably because I don't use them all that often in performance.

I don't think they should have listed the website on the new Master's Edition decks. They have a reveal built into the barcode on the bottom, that says "2 07 5P4D3S". Not a bad effect, it's just a shame that it's right next to the barcode that says "visit Ellusionist.com for more unique decks...". So that kind of sucks.

Although I'm told if a Blue Master's edition comes out, the site address won't be on the box.

Nick
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Black Sharpie marker pen.
That would seem to be an easy solution to me.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ellusionist Deck Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL