The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Wakening Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
I've never come up with a positive answer as to why some subjects wake up with, and keep for hours afterwards, a headache even though suggestions of feeling refreshed, alert, and with no headache were given. I'd be interested in My Doyle's and Mr Darrow's responses. What are you thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Hypno
View Profile
Regular user
England
118 Posts

Profile of Hypno
Hi Spinnato,

In my opinion, there are a four possible reasons as to why a very small minority of people who are hypnotised in a stage show may emerge from trance with a headache.
The first reason, and by far the most prevalent, is that these people have a headache because they have been drinking alcohol before the show, and then after being on stage for an hour or so under hot lights without a drink of either alcohol or water, quite naturally they will have a hangover. However, whilst this explanation covers most cases of a headache after a stage hypnosis show, it does not cover all cases.
The second reason as to why someone may have a headache is purely due to suggestion, i.e. they have been told by someone prior to them being hypnotised that after hypnosis they would have a headache, and as they believed this suggestion, it became reality for them, often due to the fact that the hypnotist neglected to give a suggestion that they would be free from headaches before the initial emergence.
The third reason is that because someone has enjoyed the attention they received from both the hypnotist and the rest of the audience at large, and then after the show, when this attention is diminished, they then seek to gain more attention from both the hypnotist and the people around them by claiming they have a headache which in reality does not exist.
The fourth and most interesting reason that someone might have a headache after a stage hypnosis show would be due to the hypnotist placing the subject into a highly stressful situation whilst hypnotised. When under stress, more blood is pumped into the brain. Platelets in the blood are forced into the narrow capillaries. The walls of the capillaries stretch, and this may causes headaches.
I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Hypno.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a few things.

If fight or flight kicks in, coming down will leave the head pounding some.

Often the lights will cause headaches when your not used to being under them.

The reason they don't end up with them when I am done is simply because I suggest they won't. PM me for more information. I don't say, "You don't have a headache," but I do make sure they don't. It is easily done.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Wakening Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL