The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Change Cap" by Creative street Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Pretty interesting idea !!!

Coming January 07 - The ultimate change bag you can wear!

Check out the new Change Cap by Creative Magic!

It's a baseball cap with a built in change mechanism!

Depending on the age of your audience and style of your show, this may the most simple, innocent, convincing change cap ever!

look here :

http://www.creativemagic.net/street/changecap.htm
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
That's a very innovative way to do the ol' change bag! Although I don't do many effects like this, I could see myself wearing this hat around, with a GREAT option to "do a magic trick" on the spot. I wonder what type of cap this is? These days, the younger crowd only wears a couple of different brands... It would be really cool if you could put the workings into ANY baseball hat...
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I saw this advertised in MAGIC Magazine and decided immediately that I would be purchasing one of the Change Caps.

Sadly, in the last few days, they have pushed back the release date. It is now listed as January 24, 2007. ...I hate waiting!
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
Just ordered mine!
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Love this idea!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Call me "n00b", but could you throw a couple of ideas of effect that can be done with a change bag/cap? Keeping with the logic that you just took your cap off to do a magic trick...
I know nothing about change bag so just tell me what effects can achieved please Smile

(I really liked the idea of having another magic apparatus on me at all time... seeing that I already wear a black cap all the time)
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Hey Louis,

How are you?
How did you make out with your PK Ring?

Don't worry about being a newbie, we all had to start somewhere.
And always remember: Just asking the question is getting half the answer.
You're on the right track and if you wear a black cap all the time, I'd imagine you'll find this extremely useful.

A typical change bag can be used to produce, vanish, and of course change things for instance SILKS.
There is a classic routine called "The Mismade Flag" that is normally used with a traditional size change bag and various colored silks that eventually turn into a real flag.
Being that this cap may be smaller to do effects like that, you could change other things.
I will tell you things like silks are great for change bags, but for different situations like in an everyday environment where you are not performing for a large audience, but rather in a close up situation, you could use something more suitable like money, especially paper currency.

Imagine doing an effect where you are pulling off your cap to make change for a $10. Wow, the ideas that will start to flow once you get going.
How about on the spot, at a convenient store right in front of the teller you act like you don't have enough money, THEN you throw your dollar bill into your cap and POW pull out a $20.

Hey, wait I gotta go and order this!!!
Talk to you later.
:)
~Nick V.~
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Hi Nick Smile

The ring is out of ER and actually working fine (Aside from 2 little scars..)

Thanks, I can kind of imagine what can be done with this: Staying with the theme of money, I could wave my credit card over my empty cap and take out 20 bucks. "You don't want to know from where I get my receipt every month...Smile".

And I'm sure there's a booklet somewhere sold for about 9,95$ explaining the basis of the change bag. Is there? Smile
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
One more question about change bag or caps for that matter....

Can it be handled by the spectator and/or examined?
(In case it cannot be given out for examination I'll just use the good old "You think that was cool? Check this out with <any other props>")

And Nick, congrats for your upcoming 3 CIB Smile
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Louis, you can offer up your change bag (cap) to the spectator to look into with you keeping hold of the hat (and perhaps even let them feel around the inside of) but you wouldn't offer the cap to them to examine.

The change bag is pretty clean in its functionality and deceptiveness, and being a ball cap you wouldn't have to move quickly to another effect in order to cover for it.
Louis, when you take delivery of your cap, it's proper use will become apparent to you in about 5 seconds.

Creative Magic deserves some major kudos for this product, it really represents quality magical thinking.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I agree with silverking. Two thumbs up for the concept alone.
Major Kudos to Creative Magic.

Louis, Great to hear you got a feel for it already.
Keep those creative juices flowing.
You'll amaze yourself.

Thanks for the kind words.
Let me know how you make out with your adventures using the change cap.
Hit the town with it, test it out everywhere you can.
Use it when YOU feel is best and always remember to have FUN!
~Nick V.~
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hey great ideas guys but you might not want to share your best ideas because Creative Magic is giving away $5,000 to the best ideas in this years Outside the box Contest:

http://www.creativemagic.net/contests/OTB07.htm
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Thanx Brian!
:)
~Nick V.~
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Louis:

I like your ideas with the credit card. I'll be ordering this cap soon, but being a newbie as well, I'll be busy trying to think of how this can be used.

Creative's web site contains the following note: "PLEASE NOTE: the Change Cap works differently than most change bags, the gimmick is not mechanical it is a manual change that happens when you "close" the hat." Sounds closer to the flat change bags.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Thanx for the highlight Trekdad.
That's OK by me, not a problem.

Sounds practical enough.
~Nick V.~
Mr. Edgars
View Profile
New user
Southern Colorado
7 Posts

Profile of Mr. Edgars
As Trekdad pointed out, Creative Magic's site mentions that the hat operates a little differently than most change bags. Speaking as someone who's strongly considering buying the hat but who has never actually owned a traditional change bag, I'm curious about how other folks here feel about that. (I did briefly dabble with a homemade flat change bag years ago as a kid experimenting with magic.) I'm not questioning the hat's reliability or anything like that... just wondering if anyone feels there are any particular pros or cons to the caveat about it accomplishing the effect through non-mechanical means. Aside from its clever camoflouflage as a normal everyday article of clothing, does anybody think its workings are likely to be automatically better or worse than most change bags? Easier to master, or harder? Or does the choice boil down, as it so often does, to needing the right tool for the right job, depending on what exactly you're trying to accomplish at a given moment?

Mr. Edgars,
probably sounding slightly incoherent as I think out loud
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Based on the quality of their other products, and based on the limited number of modifications you can make to a change bag (if you think about what "non-mechanical" really means in terms of a change bag it's really not a big deal)I think you'll find this item to be a real gem in terms of what and how you can use it.

Putting a change bag into a ball cap is (IMHO) brilliant beyond words!
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
It is NOW available.

Anyone has it already???

http://www.creativemagic.net/street/changecap.htm
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
It probably wont fit my head if it says it will fit "most" heads. I have a couple of cool ideas I will be sending off to these guys though!
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Does anyone else's cap stick out funny at the sides?

Mine bunches out makiing me look like a jockey or a chimney sweep!

For that reason I won't wear it as it looks nerdy! shame as I had high hopes!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Change Cap" by Creative street Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL