The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review For Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too Volume 6. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
As said before, I use a 1-10, with 10 being PERFECT rating scale. Just so you know as well NOTHING EVER gets a 10. 10 is absolute perfection, and NOTHING, and NO ONE is Perfect. 9.5 is my highest rating. I ONLY write 10, just to show how close something can come to being PERFECT. I judge on The Tricks, (Impact), Technique, Teaching Style & Understanding, and Video Quality, such as Camera Angles...ECT.

(Descriptions from DennyMagic.com)

Set Four

1) MIRACLE FLYING CARDS-See Richard do his classic routine in a new updated fashion in front of a large audience. You will see why this has been called one of the best stand-up card effects ever created!

This is a VERY GREAT 3 (yes THREE) Cards to Impossible Locations. I was very FLOORED when I saw this. The method is ingenious though you may want to be a little ways back from the audience. It's not hard and the subleties are KILLER. I rate this a 9.

2) SPIRIT WRITING ON CARD-This is a totally new routine! A number of blank and ungimmicked index cards are displayed. One is chosen and a design is called out. When a lighter is run across the card, the chosen design is burned into the card! Richard also shows how to control the flame of a lighter!

This is a very powerful routine and will really make your audience believe you have paranormal abilties. I was even fooled by the flame "Gag". I was a little dissapointed in myself for being fooled by the method though...lol. I rate this a 8.5.

3) MULTIPLE KEY BENDING-This is Richard's personal routine for bending a number of borrowed keys in the hands of a spectator! See how Richard uses suggestion to first cause her hands to lock together and how she feels the keys bending! The best method for bending keys on stage!

This is a very powerful routine. I got the method, and without giving anything away I like the original method a little better as when I perform I like being "Clean" (like performing without sleeves, being able to show my hands empty...ect). I think Rishard's logic is very well motivated and a little more realistic looking though as I said I like the original method a little better. You have to remember I'm primarily a street worker and perform in extreme close-up situations so I wouldn't be able to get away with this method. He even does a little mild suggestion keeping the person's hands locked. That really throws people through the top. This is SOLID Metal Bending. It gets a 9.

4) CLIP LINE DELUXE-Once you see this effect, you will really understand what's so special about Richard's thinking! The classic Clip Line effect is performed in such a way as to look totally impossible even if you know the original secret! This is spectacular!

I don't have much to comment on here. This is THE BEST clip line out there just watch his incredible thinking. This gets a 9.5.

Set Five

5) AMAZING MEMORY DEMONSTRATION-This may be the most important routine in the series! Not only will you learn one of the most stunning demonstrations you can perform, but the advice Richard gives could change the very way you live!

Though I got the method this is a extremely entertaining way of doing this. It kills. Based on Harry Lorayne's thinking, Richard names the 20 items backwards and so on. They call out like 8 numbers he names the articles and then goes through backwards skipping the items he named, then a mind-reading kicker at the end. THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE, and it gets a 9.5.

6) STENO ESP-This is Richard's method of doing the classic Mental Epic-type effect with nothing but a steno pad! Not only is this easy and fun, but you will see how Richard's thinking reverses some of the workings!

I like Richard's thing with this. He presents all 3 in different ways. I'm not too thrilled with a common mental force though because they don't always work. I'd too that differently BUT getting something wrong arguebly can make a effect stronger. What's good this used a regular pad and no fishy looking slates. I give this a 8-8.5

Set Six

(7) OUT OF HAND-This routine has long been unavailable. It won widespread acceptance when it first appeared on Richard's Challenge Magic. With this, you will have one of the most entertaining Six-Card Repeat-type effects ever invented!

I've seen a few Six Card Repeats but this has the best routine. I love this and it's a humorour routine too. As always Richard has great subleties here as well. I'll give this 8.5

(8) INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH LINK-The performer repeatedly links and unlinks a large industrial spring from a coat hanger with ease while the spectator fails every time! The routine grows in impossibility until the spring actually unlinks in the spectator's hand!

I'll admit this effect and the one after it (Coin Snatch) were my least favorites. His presentation is nice, and makes use of a volunteer. The problem is this effect can be found in a lot of Magic Sets geared for kids, though his props are superior. I think doing kid shows this effect would be best. I rate this a 6.

(9) COIN SNATCH-Richard Osterlind's own way of doing the old classic with a clever new addition which will convince your audience that you have the fastest hands in the world!

This here is not really a Magic Effect or Mentalism Effect and he doesn't present it (to his credit) as such. This is something you'd do more in bars or at parties. That fine and such but PERSONALLY I'm not into such stunts. I rate this a 5.

(10) ORIGINAL INSIDE OUT-This is the first time this effect has appeared anywhere! A single folded card repeatedly turns itself inside out with just a wave of the hand! The effect grows as a paper clip is placed onto it. What's more, the card is given out at the end!

This is AWESOME. This effect fooled me and I've never really seen a effect of this nature though I guess it's kinda like Card Warp but MORE Visual. I rate this a 8.5.

Well Richard Osterlind is like to me, one of the TOP THREE Metalist in the world so I'm a bit biased as I am with Darwin Ortiz as a card worker. I think Richard's stuff is TOP NOTCH and he has a way of taking effects his own or classics (such as Clip Line Deluxe here) and really raising them up a notch. This was a GREAT DVD except for the two items above I didn't care for too much. The camera angles ect were great. On a whole, this DVD gets a 9 (No surprise there...HaHaHa).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review For Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too Volume 6. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL