The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Mental Epic?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I was considering doing the Mental Epic routine, but cant thing of any thing reeally funny for it...Any ideas?

I was thing of using the dry erase version and doing the Michale Finney gag with the pick any color marker..Maybe asking funny questions..

Six
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Please don't do the Michael Finney gag. That was shown but not offered for performance rights, plus I think it works better with his theme.
But so Im not ALL critisism
Spend some time with John Archer and learn how to incorporate comedy and mentalism.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Yea I was thinking about that, I would feel rather un-original. I will look into John Archer stuff, I will also email John Stetson.

SIX
SteveTheMagician
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of SteveTheMagician
The one thing I always hated about that effect was the force for the final prediection

so here's how I did it and, though not all too funny, it got a good reaction

I used it at my local rings' x-mass party as a "magic gift predictor"

I asked people to think of gifts they wanted for the first two

for the last I asked the spec. to think of a place he/she would like to travel to. but instead of having the predection match what they were thinking I taped a dollar bill to the secret place (shh) so instead of "hawaii" matching "hawaii" a dollar appeared in the predection place. I then just handed them the dollar saying something like "now you're $1 closer to that dream vacation"

BTW, I own the older version, with chalk, I don't know if that would work with the newer versions.

-steve
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Six, try to put a funny one liner after telling the person to think about something. For example: "Bob, think of the part of a person's body... Besides that private part." John, picture how old you think I am.... Are you trying to offend me?" "Dave, think of any number... I do not have enough chalk to write down that number, so make it 1 - 100." If you mention the previous statements in a natural manner, you might not get a laugh. It is all in how you present it with your vocal and personality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Mental Epic?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL