The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Quick vid...21-card trick...critique please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aburman
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of aburman
Hello,

First, I am incredibly lazy. I am lazy in my video editing and sometimes even lazy in my efforts to write in complete senten You get the point. Anyway, here's a quick performance vid of one version of my cards across...the lazy version. I've tried to come up with a way to not fuss too much about the sleighty counting of the cards, to not have to palm and hold out cards for an extended period, to not have to worry about missing a classic force... to really just try to make the effect as technically simple as possible without sacrificing the effect and impact.

Usually, I would do this with two spectators. But, owing to my laziness...

Seriously, any comments much appreciated. I guess I'm really interested in whether or not the reactions-- the power of the effect-- is stronger if the spectator(s) count the cards or if I do. I realize that my counting of the cards is a major change in handling, but, and I realize this example doesn't do it justice, I think that the suggestive nature of commenting on how well the audience members can count ("you're counting is impeccable,"this surely isn't the first time you've counted things, is it?etc.) despite the fact that they don't actually count the cards in their hands, can create enough comedic/effective misdirection that the final impact remains strong.

Comments? I'd like to really make this effect a keeper.

Sorry about the camera work. My camerman is lazy as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyx-1MsK9vo

Cheers,

Tony B.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I like your routine and have come up with something similar myself,as it borrows from from las vegas leaper I think the strength of the routine is that the spectator counts the cards and the magician doesn't go near them again.
having said that the spectators enjoyed it and that's what counts.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Very nice work and very good patter.
Simple and good pace.

Bob
ilusionista
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of ilusionista
Great presentation, definitely a keeper for your arsenal. Thanks for sharing.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
You got a good response. That's what counts. Keep up the good work.
Magic is a vanishing art.
aburman
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of aburman
Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated. I'm tryin'.

-Tony B.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Aburman,
Nicely done.

I liked your patter and your rapport with the spectator.

~John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Quick vid...21-card trick...critique please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL