The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Miami Ink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Some of you know that I got picked to be on the TLC show Miami Ink. I went down there in July and filmed the show, and they just called me yesterday to tell me that it will be airing on February 20th. I think the time slot is 8PM Eastern, but if that changes I'll let you guys know.

I did a bunch of magic on camera. What they will air, I really don't know. I was there for 8 hours so it could be anything.. or nothing.

Enjoy!
Corey King
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Should be interesting! They no doubt hacked everything to bits!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Agent86
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Agent86
Hey corey. congrats about the show dude. what are you getting tattooed?

chris
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I just saw it brother, I loved the Tattoo. I actually want a portrait done by Kat. I really don't care about being on the Show though. PM me if you can with what you paid so I know some what, what to save. The Ink was really Sweet.. What was that trick though? Triumph? What happened? And the King Rising came out nice. Although my Wife says it flashed a bit but I thought it came out nice brother. Hit me back when you get a chance.....
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Haha! Yeah, the trick at the end was a Triumph, revealed the wrong card! I thought it was pretty funny.. I knew when it happened that they were going to air it. Luckily, they didn't air the profanities I was saying after the reveal..

King Rising flashed for a millisecond. It was so hard to try and make the effect work for both the people in the shop and the camera. I sacrificed the people in the shop to make it look the best I could for the camera. Keep in mind that it wasn't just like, "OK, now do the trick!". It was more like.. "Ok, stand there, look this way, stand like this and do it for this long". As much as the show looks pretty spontaneous, there is a lot of 'suggested script' behind the scenes.

Glad you liked the segment! I'll PM you the price - it wasn't cheap!
Corey King
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
No, believe me I know about the King Rising. My wife only noticed it becasue she knows it. I loved it man. Nice way to plug the art.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I told my tattoo guy that I would call him in 25 years if the blue in my tat faded as he said it would. It didn't and I called him, shocked the heck out of him since he had moved cross country in that period of time. Good stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Miami Ink (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL