The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impact DVD by Michael Paul (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
In the past I have read Michael Paul's work with lots of delight. On the latest gomagicgo podcast (70) a short message is given about a new product by Michael Paul. It is called Impact. I already know it's a DVD, but does anyone have more information about the content? I am really curious...
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I wonder when this will be available. I have loved the material released by Michael Paul so far, so this is something I would really like to know more about.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I'd love to hear more on this too.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Michael is a member here, shoot him a PM he is a nice guy and I am sure he will answer your questions if he can.
Tony Chapparo
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey guys. It's true, I do have a DVD coming out this Jan/Feb called Impact. I can't say a whole lot about the tech features right now, because I want you to be surprised how many features the DVD has!!! I can tell you about the routines though... most of them are straight from my notes, all real world/worker type material. These are actually the routines I use to make my living... and they rock. Each piece is dissected and analyzed to give you the best understanding of how and why the effect works. There's also performance footage that gives you a glimse at just how powerful they can be (one girl freaks out so bad she almost cries). Hopefully, I'll be able to say more soon.

Oh yeah, the DVD was designed to be fun to watch... it's not your typical dry instructional. It's also being produced by a very familiar magic company with a fantastic reputation for killer products. OK, I'm really done now, that's all I'm saying!!!
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Any reviews yet Michael?

Bosco
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi Bosco,

Yes, gomagicgo.com is a podcast notorious for being tough reviewers... and they gave it a great review. It was just released world wide on Saterday, so I'm sure other reviews will follow. If you'd like to check out reviews of the material on the DVD, you can go to the pdf/downloads review section here on the Café and look for Show No Mercy, Simply Devastating, and others. These are my downloadable notes, and contain some of the effects featured on the DVD.

Now that the DVD is out, I feel like I can tell you a bit more about it (I hate pre-hype). The DVD has 2 audio tracks... one gives a discription of the effect, the other is an in-depth lecture on the effect that gives advanced insight and extra tips.

There are three angles for you to use as well. I'm not talking about angles that switch back and forth while you watch passively... I'm talking about choices you can make as you watch. You can actually change your view during the explanations.

The sleight break-out angle is a close up, over the shoulder angle that was filmed seperately from the explanation, and covers the finer details over and over again, to help you learn the sleights you may not be familiar with.

There's also a bonus effect on the DVD that is not being advertised... it's just on there as my surprise to anyone who's purchased the disc.

I think there's over a hundred review type posts of my material here on the Café... now, that material is on a fantastically produced DVD, so those waiting for the DVD version will be pleased.

The DVD was produced by World Magic Shop aka World Magic Media... who also produces the Wizard PK ring, so the reputation is deffinately a plus. Go buy millions of copies!!!!! lol. If your local shop doesn't carry it, ask them to grab it from Murphies. Thanks for the support.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I have Simply Devistating, Show No Mercy, CUD, Trifecta and Easy Magic and love every single one of them. Is the extra effect one contained within the notes or is it a dvd exclusive? Thanks.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Anyone received this yet?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey John,

It would be a DVD exclusive.

Mike
James Kaine
View Profile
New user
Newington, Ct
74 Posts

Profile of James Kaine
I just want to say... I personally know Michael paul, I used to watch him perform every friday night and I loved it. I think he's amazing at what he does, he made me become very serious about bettering my skills. I havent seen him in awhile but its ok , I will always remember what he taught me. Thanks, James
James Kaine

www.jkaine.com
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
It's about time Mike. Everyone should go out right now and get one. Hound your local magic shops to carry this dvd, and Mikes other work. The shop owners will thank you later.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks guys!!! I look forward to reading the reviews here on the Café. As always, if any of you have any questions at all about any of the effects, don't hesitate to contact me at mike@michaelpaulmagic.com I'll personally take the time to help you out.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
How on earth do you access the extras (the different views etc)
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi Daren,

You can view other angles by using the angle button on your DVD remote, and you can hear the extra audio track by pressing the audio button on your DVD remote.

Mike

Please drop me a line if you need anything help at all with any of the effects, and let me know how you like the DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impact DVD by Michael Paul (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL