The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » February issue... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate my dear friend Reed McClintock who will grace the cover of the February 2007 issue of Genii magazine. You have come a long way Reed and I'm happy for you. Smile

To the rest of you, you won't want to miss this issue which not only contains an extensive article about Reed, but his brand new MISERS DREAM routine which is sure to please. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
And since he's going to be on the cover of Genii, you might want to, just this once, pop over to the Genii forum and see all the nice things people are saying about Reed's new dinner show in Portland.

Many of the effects that they're talking about there actually appear inthe Genii issue. Reed's parting with a Miser's Dream routine that was a hit at Fechter's, and a big part of his current evening show.

And yes, it's worth getting a copy if only for the pictures of the "new Reed". According to Richard Kaufman, Reed's 140 pounds lighter than he was. Less is more, as the saying goes.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Congrats man! It is so great to see you on the cover of one of the worlds best periodicals! I remember you telling me about this last year, I am so glad its almost here!!! I can't wait to read it and go see you perform here in Portland.

Brian
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I love Genii Magazine. The last issue I received in the mail was the January 2007, and now I am concerned about the next issue being late. It might not be late, but I am itching to receive it. Becoming paranoid that my idiot neighbors have it and refuse to hand it back to the rightfull owner.

My only complaint with the Magazine is that it is hard to follow the directions for those card tricks.

The rest of the magazine is great.

Many thanks
Keith
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Kimura
I can't wait to read this. Just watching him do magic makes my knuckles hurt.
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
Just ordered my first "latest issue" of Genii. Sure hope I get the February issue.

Jim
Mickkn
View Profile
New user
Denmark
77 Posts

Profile of Mickkn
I haven't reciewed my Feb issue yet, hopefully it will be in the mailbox today Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Way to go, Reed! That's one cool cover you've got there, compadre!

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Extremely touching story. I can ever remember reading a biography quite like Reed's! Smile
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
That is a great story. And Reed is such a nice guy. Been a while since I have seen him, but I remember having a problem with a routine of his. I wrote him e-mail, and next thing I know he is calling me to talk through it with me.

Years ago, but it sticks with me!

John
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Oh, for those who didn't read the editorials... the front Cover folds up like the old MAD magazine covers, to reveal a different cover.

Nicely done!

RevJohn
evildraco1
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of evildraco1
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 15:12, RevJohn wrote:
Oh, for those who didn't read the editorials... the front Cover folds up like the old MAD magazine covers, to reveal a different cover.

Nicely done!

RevJohn

Yes, if you make a verticle mountain fold between Reed's head at the top left and the top right, and bring them together with a fold in the middle, you get a new cover. People who like to keep their magazines intact, (like me,) can just photocopy the cover and try it out that way.
-Matt
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
On the index page, there is a picture in the upper right hand corner that shows Reed with a contact ball in each hand with flames under him. That's the picture that you get when you fold the cover.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Fantastic issue, loved the McClintock article. I love the excuse for bringing out an egg bag in the misers dream routine.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Wow! This is a great issue! I love the Peno Envy. I will start using that one soon. The story about Reed's life was really touching. His past has really made him into the man we all know today as an incredible person who puts others first. Reed, congrats on being featured in one of the most prominent magician magazines in the world! You rock man!
Brian
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Great job, Reed!!!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I notice that one of the posters in this thread states that he finds it difficult to follow the trick descriptions in Magicana. Is anyone else having this problem?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
There are sometimes tricks that are difficult to follow, but I find that with most instructions. Some are easier than others. To say that all the effects in Magicana were hard to follow would be untrue.

All in all, I think the descriptions and instructions are done very well.

RevJohn
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...RevJohn hit's it on the head! That is common with most written instructions. It's hard to try to convey the little nuances one needs in magic through a pen.

Mark.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It may be hard to convey the nuances, but that's exactly what we try to do. I find the best way to learn from written instructions (including my own) is to read them twice (at least) before expecting full understanding.

I have been reading and re-reading Cliff Green's Professional Card Magic for over 30 years and the re-reading of the text really helps to bring out all the ideas buried within it.

Just the other day, on a plane between Washington, DC and Dallas, I figured out a palm from reading the text yet again--something just clicked in my head this time.

It is difficult to learn sleights from written descriptions, but it's worth the effort.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » February issue... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL