The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long Time Lurker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Bond
View Profile
Regular user
Maple Valley, WA
107 Posts

Profile of David Bond
Hello,

I've been here many times over the last few years and decided it was about time to join. I am an engineer at Boeing by occupation working on the 787 dreamliner. This means I don't have as much time to practice magic as I would like right now. I've been involved in magic on and off for 48 years. About ten years ago I came back after being away for ten or so years.

When I was a youngster I practiced sleights all the time, but had few tricks I could use them on. My time is much more limited now so I tend to only practice those sleights that I am actually using in a trick. If I see a new trick that I want to learn my decision is often made based upon whether it involves learning a new sleight.

I am an amateur, obviously. I perform mostly for friends and family which means I don't perform often.

I am looking forward to contributing to the forum in the future.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Welcome Mr. Bond - always wanted to say this
Cards never lie
Robert-o
View Profile
New user
Sunny Glendale, Arizona
39 Posts

Profile of Robert-o
Welcome. Hopefully these forums will spark a lot more interest. They have helped me a great deal.
"Hey... How'd you do that?".
Gary Richards
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Gary Richards
Greetings,
I have only recently visited the Café with any regularity, and would like to take this opportunity, first to thank those responsible for establishing and maintaining such a wonderful site, and next I’d like to thank those java loving veterans of this ancient and venerable Art for hanging out in this little Café, and so generously sharing, not only the experience they’ve gleaned, oftentimes over a lifetime of painstaking effort, but also for sharing their enthusiasm, without which the magic would just vanish, and we’d all be staring into a empty and very dark hat.
I am a teacher by profession, nearing retirement, still trying to pull high test scores out of young human beings who, all too often, see little that’s magic in their world.
Magic has always been present in my life, but more times than I care to admit, I’ve put it on the back burner. But now, thanks to some magicians far better than I, I feel it’s time to do some serious cooking, even if I what I cook turns out to be crow and I have to eat it myself.

Sincerely grateful for a chance to perch here awhile, - gary
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Welcome
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Welcome to the Magic Café David Bond. Smile
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long Time Lurker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL