The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tossed Out Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
I have a strolling gig next weekend and I am considerind using Tossed Out Deck by Cody Fisher. I would be working for tables of 4 to 7 people. This version of the TOD has 3 spectators each peek/choose a card. What are some opinions of using this effect in a table hoppping setting?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
It's illogical.

Why would you wrap a deck in rubber bands and have people peek in it in a situation like this when you can physically hand them a deck, or have them fan it out and look at a card?

The reason why the deck is in rubber bands is (supposedly) because it's being tossed from person to person from the stage.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Nor can the card peekers know each other;
otherwise they may compare cards. Why ask them to stand ? if they are sitting together.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wrong trick for that kind of situation. Period.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
It's to be performed for a large group or a crowd, not a handful of people. Otherwise it gets exposed upon performance. Too much of that happening these days. Please don't try to work it in a strolling gig. Cheers.
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Parsimagic,

The Octopus Deck was designed for this very scenario.
You can perform it strolling OR on stage.
Check out the details (and a reduced price!) at http://www.thecentertear.com
link is:
http://www.thecentertear.com/full/Magic-......3703.htm

Cheers
Bill Abbott
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
You do this on a table of 4 to 7, as soon as you walk away it's gonna be like "so what card did you have?"
Eddie Ivan Torres
parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
I tend to agree with everyone's comments, Bill thanks for the info on the octopus deck. Can a spectator freely shuffle the deck?

One reason I thought about using this effect in a strolling environment is that Richard Osterlind uses his Radar Deck (a similar effect) in a strolling environment, and even when audience members pick the same card he plays that up as showing "similar personality traits" between the audience members. It seems to work for him.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Parsimagic,

I like your attitude. You did not get support for using the tossed out deck but you did get good and honest advice. Sometimes things just don't fit.

We get new "toys" and are anxious to show them. However, audiencs don't usually know what is new or difficult. They just want to be entertained. In this case perhaps the Invisible Deck would come to the rescue again and it can be repeated with a different card, if necessary. The trick is just a vehicle to please an audience. Give them the best entertainer that you can. This is about how we make them feel, not what we feel.

You'll get plenty of chances to do rubberband magic some other day.

Hang in there and enjoy your magic. Keep us posted on how it works.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
Bob

Thanks for your support. I just want to give a good performance. Hopefully things will go well for me this weekend.

Kia Parsi
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
I fully agree with "the wrong effect for this situation"... But...
I know that Wayne Dobson did this at a table for only three people...
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
I may be wrong here, but for a smaller group like that wouldn't an effect with a "radar deck" or something similar be more appropriate and give you a similar result?
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
Indeed...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tossed Out Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL