The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » portable levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

theaceofspades
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of theaceofspades
Hi again,

O.K, I am after a new effect to add to my routine. i would love to be able to levitate a small item between my hands, without the use of invisible thread. Any ideas, I already have a gimmick with a suction cup on the end of a thumb tip, that sort of thing, but more discrete.

Any help would be brilliant!

:pepsi:
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
Learn the muscle pass and make the coin float up into your other hand!

If you don't like threads or suction cup-direct hookups you don't leave much to work with! Levitations, especially close up are darn hard... there are just so many physical realities that everyone is well familiar with. "Discrete" is in the eye of the beholder... so as long as you can disguise the method or lead the audience around it, it is discrete... even if it is a fork lift behind the curtain! Some of the floating card effects use some pretty bold methods (like a hunking hole in the deck into which one inserts a finger!)... but they can play just fine with the proper scene setting.
It might be more fruitful to pick a method that fits what you want to accomplish visually, then work on the presentation to cover the weaknesses of the method.
theaceofspades
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of theaceofspades
Thanks there, the muscle pass is now an important part of my repertoire. I can make it look as if it is floating up to the other hand, almost every time. Very effective!

Thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » portable levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL