The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Starting music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I am in the process of creating a NEW stage show. It will contain new routines and some old ones from the my other shows. The thing is, I never used music unless I had someone to run sound for me at the back of the theater/auditorium, which in most cases I do have someone come with me. On other hands I would just keep my sound system near me and place the vanishing banana CD in infront of everyone since it does go along with the story line. And that was the only audio I used besides myself talking. Anyways, I have written a script out that is suberb and really down to the nitty gritty on everything except how to get sound if I do not have a sound guy.

I would prefer to run it on my own (one man show), but not make it noticable. I know all about the ankle switches, etc... but I want to keep it simple and inexpensive (as most people say to do).

I am assuming I will need a remote control something. But how would I make it non noticable that I am running it? And what is a good one to get that will connect to most PA systems?

Thanks,
John
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
When you say the word "inexpensive" that can mean many things. What price range are you looking for? I even know a guy who's so cheap that he has a CD that he starts when he starts his show and just lets it run..even with his "audio-enhanced routines" (vanishing bandana for example) included on it...guess this cheap b@$!^&d had better be ready and hope the audience doesn't have anything to say during the routine to add comedy, or that would throw off the timing, huh?

Steve
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Nothing that cheap. I would be willing to spend a couple hundred dollars for some nice equipment that will last me a while.

-John
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
All I can tell you about is what I use. I have the iCue2 (squared) from Virtual Soundman. You should check into the new iCue Boombox thing. It incorporates all the benefits of the original iCue into a tabletop radio. I'm not one of those guys into hacking Apple (or any) products. I DID spend 21 years on the air at 10 different radio stations throughout the South, so I do know good audio equipment. For 15 years, I used a ShowTech, and it just had too many bells and whistles (figuratively) for what I needed. I was using a Peavey MP4 amp and 2 Peavey 112 speakers, and I've recently gone to an Anchor Explorer Pro amp/speaker with a built-in wireless mic (with a Countryman earset), and battery capability. With the battery pack for my iCue, I can work completely without having to run any cords for anything. I'm looking forward to the library show tour this year.

If you'd like to talk more about the "sound" subject...feel free to PM me, John. I did thoroughly study and test all the available products before settling on one that would do what I needed best, last longest and not cost an arm and leg (just a couple toes and a finger).

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Starting music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL