The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dimensions of PF Cups and loads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
I'm wondering if you know the measurement of the diameter a PF style cup (RNT2, Dew)? What is the largest size load you've tried in them? Thanks.

Jimmy
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Anything the size of a lacrosse ball - or smaller - will fit into these.

I gather that there is some variation in lacrosse ball sizes (why isn't life ever easy?). I once made the mistake of buying some horrible plastic practice lacrosse balls that were way too big. The standard hard rubber ones fit perfectly.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
I picked up a set of 3 lacrosse balls last night listed as "regulation size" and they will fit into my Paul Faux cups pretty good. They leave a slight wobble to the cup though (im wondering if I can sand down the ball ever so slightly). Undetectable on the carpet where I was practicing though. The lacrosse ball fits perfectly in my bazar de magia cups and my Ireland cups though.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That is very common with the Paul Faux cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Todd, I found the same issue with my cups.

Richard, that's pretty much the issue. Lacrosse balls can range from 7.75 to 8 inches in circumference. That's ranges from 2.47 to 2.55 in diameter. The load I'm looking at is 2.5 in. it could be 0.03 inches off... should I take the chance... hmm...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Don't take the chance. It won't fit. A tennis ball is 2.5 inches in diameter and will not fit.

Take the cup with you when you buy your loads. It's the only way to ensure that they will fit. And remember that when someone else measures the load, they may be off. I have purchased 40 mm load balls that were 37 mm in diameter. When you are buying by the gross, that isn't good.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
My apology for sounding so ignorant but what is a lacrosse ball? What is it made of - rubber? silicon? What game is it used for?

I'm trying to find out what it is so I can know where I can buy them in my country.

Thanks
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
James,

Lacrosse is a sport. Here's a link to info regarding the ball. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_ball

Hope that helps.

Jimmy
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
So do they make peewee lacrosse balls? Smile I need something just a 1/8th of an inch smaller!

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2007-01-27 08:53, VBall wrote:
James,

Lacrosse is a sport. Here's a link to info regarding the ball. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_ball

Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Thanks, Jimmy, that really helps.
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
Be very careful when sizing up a final load, especially if it is a non-round shape. I have been using two very ornate cups I found in a second hand shop, they have a beautiful bell-like tone and a mouth of about 2" ID. I was producing large dice as final loads and things had been going well for months, until one day, I loaded one just the wrong way and wedged it good! I finally got it out of there, but I am very happy this didn't happen on a more expensive set of cups! Maybe round is the safest shape to use after all...

Cheers!
Learn something new everyday.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-01-27 10:47, lint wrote:
So do they make peewee lacrosse balls? Smile I need something just a 1/8th of an inch smaller!

-todd

No, they don't. But you can go to Wal-Mart and purchase a box of fun balls in five different colors. You get 15 balls for less than the price of one lacrosse ball.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dimensions of PF Cups and loads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL