The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Best Way to Float Cell Phone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rjsmith608
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of rjsmith608
Hoping that this is a good place to post this. I have been thinking of modern ideas for classic magic. I was thinking of the floating dollar bill and was wondering of what method I could use to float a borrowed cell phone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. My notebook has some ideas, but nothing real feasable.
vennom
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of vennom
Check out Counter Weight by Mathieu Bich. It is not exactly a floatation but a Impossible Balance Miracle which can be done on cell phones. Hope it helps.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The method used would also depend on the weight and make of the cell phone. Are you using an actual cell phone or one made with very light material that look like a cell phone? Another determining factor is how you want to perform the levitation - is it an open levitation or one that need a cloth to aid in the effect (e.g. zombie style)? What effect do you want the audience to see - a suspension effect? a levitation effect? or an animation effect?

They above factors would determine the mechanism you need to create the effect yu want.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You did say a borrowed cell phone, so you have to deal with the weight of a battery. IT sure won't do it.
You would need to use a method like Blackstone's floating light bulb. This method would stictly be a stage presentation.
Since you were thinking of floating a dollar you must be wanting a close up method. You never mentioned the venue or conditions.
I can't think of a close up method that would handle the weight of a cell phone.
Daniel Faith
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Go to http://www.vernetmagic.com/

In their General Catalog check out Levitator.
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Make a zombie gimmick, which should be easy enough to apply onto a borrowed flip phone.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Daniel Garcia has lecture notes called "Next." In the notes, there is a method to float a business card, credit card, or playing card. But it also works with cell phones. Its not a particuly show stopping piece, but it would give the illusion of a floating phone.

Best of luck,
Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
breeze4507
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of breeze4507
I thouht I'd come to the rescue on this one. But Jaz is right on the money, check the link out that Jaz posted rjsmith608..........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Best Way to Float Cell Phone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL