The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How young can kids enjoy magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerry Hornak
View Profile
Regular user
Northwest Connecticut
132 Posts

Profile of Jerry Hornak
I had to laugh, Andy, that happened to me once!

I'll do a show for three year olds any day! You have to start off gentle, then keep it moving, keep it funny, and make the magic more "surprise magic" where something unexpected happens.

Out of all the ages I do shows for, I'd have to say the four-year-olds are actually my favorite group! While they won't get the magic the sixes and sevens understand, their laughter is so heartfelt that they are a joy to work for. And their laughter makes the adults crack up. A bonus!

Once, years ago, a daycare pulled a switch on me and gave me an audience of all twos! I simplified a few helper tricks, shortened the show, and spent more time petting the dove and bunny. It worked out well but wasn't as much fun for me since they wouldn't get my jokes! Smile
Making Happy Memories for Children since 1980!
https://JerrysMagic.com
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I have put together a Toddler Show for the under 5's. However, even for that my limit would be children around one who cannot speak or walk. My Show does include some interaction. So as a rule, if all of them can't walk or speak, them I tell the client they are too young for me. However, if there is a mixed group with some 2 to 4, then I can do the Show. Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How young can kids enjoy magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL